Most popular NFL team in each international country

pf9

12 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

The Dolphins are huge here aren't they. The the Giants cos everyone loves going to NY for shopping etc and the Raiders for the cool logo.

Yeah edgy Raider fans coz they wear black and have skulls. All it would take is an actual Brit (not Uminyeora) to make it in a team and I reckon a lot would adopt his team?

On 8/6/2021 at 2:31 AM, Dome said:

Oh so NOOOOOOW they like the patriots all the sudden. 200 some-odd years ago they would’ve strung them up by their toes, funny what a couple of ‘ships will get ya.

Yes, because the United States were a European colony and absolutely no parts of it supported you guys during your independence war. No, none at all just good ole americun muscles baybeee #USAUSAUSA

Cowboys really aren't popular here, never seen someone with their gear or met someone that liked them. I think they are too much 'America's team' to appeal.

There are some long dedicated fans that I've met; those generally like the historic franchises like the Raiders, WFT, Steelers and Packers. Apart from that it's mostly a matter of where people have lived/studied or have relatives. I've met Texans fans, Ravens fans, Rams fans and Lions fans that way.

Every Patriots fan I've met has been entirely plastic though. They've gotten the most media attention over here (Main stream media will put out 1 article deep at night who won the SB, maybe if someone signs a mega contract it will get a mention but apart from that it's not covered at all) so therefor they are most recognized and popular franchise and people will say they are fans based on that while never watching any games or following the team at all. I think that might greatly skew the poll.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

Yes, because the United States were a European colony and absolutely no parts of it supported you guys during your independence war. No, none at all just good ole americun muscles baybeee #USAUSAUSA

Finally one of em admits it

• Like 4

"Poll: The Miami Dolphins is the Most Popular Team in the UK

The Miami Dolphins emerged as the top choice for NFL teams in the United Kingdom, according to a recent poll

Rounding out the top five teams in the survey were the New York Giants, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots.

The Dolphins' popularity with British fans goes back a ways. Remember that it was the Dolphins who played the first regular season game outside of the United States when they faced the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium in 2007.

All told, the Dolphins have played more games in London than any team other than the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Miami is 1-3 in London games, with losses against the New York Jets and New Orleans Saints and a 38-14 victory against the Oakland Raiders in 2014.

The Dolphins also played a preseason game at Wembley Stadium against the 49ers in 1988."

As I suspected, Dolphins then Giants according to this yougov poll. Bears being that high surprises me.

I'm more curious - and this isn't something that there is data for - but I'm more curious of "how fluid is European fanhood"? ie, as success changes, will the Chiefs, Ravens, maybe Bills, Packers gain more share and Pats lose share... Or are these numbers already "sticky" with fans who have locked in their allegiances? If Lawrence or Burrow or Herbert become the GLOBAL face of the league (the way Kobe was internationally as NBA broke out worldwide in the early 2000s), will those teams move up

My guess is these fandoms are going to be fluid for a while

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I'm more curious - and this isn't something that there is data for - but I'm more curious of "how fluid is European fanhood"? ie, as success changes, will the Chiefs, Ravens, maybe Bills, Packers gain more share and Pats lose share... Or are these numbers already "sticky" with fans who have locked in their allegiances? If Lawrence or Burrow or Herbert become the GLOBAL face of the league (the way Kobe was internationally as NBA broke out worldwide in the early 2000s), will those teams move up

My guess is these fandoms are going to be fluid for a while

I don't think its any different in Europe then it is in the US. Some fans might be drawn in by the success (If you're going to watch an NFL game it will probably be the SB, guess who has been playing a lot of those) but will have 'grown' into real fans of the team and will keep supporting them. Others will move on to KC or whatever the flavor of the month might be, others might stop following the sport as a whole.

Also in Western Europe the NBA broke out in the 90's thanks to Micheal Jordan.