2021 receiving corps will be the best Rodgers has ever had. Even better than 2011!

St Vince

35 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

I would offer him right now 4Y/32M with a 10M SB and see if he accepts it.

The funny part is I have no idea if he would be smart to take that or an idiot, even from his side it's just a coin flip. I would imagine him and his agent know it makes way more sense to play the risk a bit on waiting

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

The funny part is I have no idea if he would be smart to take that or an idiot, even from his side it's just a coin flip. I would imagine him and his agent know it makes way more sense to play the risk a bit on waiting

He's a 5th round pick who hasn't won that much money in 4 years. Giving him a 10M signing bonus before the season starts can be something important that sets him for life regardless of what happens this season. That's why I'd try to get him for "cheap". Maybe go up to 4/40.

2 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

He's a 5th round pick who hasn't won that much money in 4 years. Giving him a 10M signing bonus before the season starts can be something important that sets him for life regardless of what happens this season. That's why I'd try to get him for "cheap". Maybe go up to 4/40.

Yeah I totally get it. I could see both sides for sure. I think he's going to have a big year so I'd love for him to take that. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

It's also important not get him in a really team friendly contract, as players get angry when they see they got played. A 15-20% discount, no more.

If we were to give him 4/40 as you suggest, that is a player friendly contract based on his production to date. After 2022 our cap looks a lot better as it stands right now. You could adjust, if the play warrants after year one with some attainable performance bonuses. 

Not sure how essential WR's are on special teams (vs CB's for example) but Adams, Lazard, Funchess, Cobb, and most likely Rodgers. That's a lot of guys that won't play teams. Not sure if MVS played ST, but that would mean no WR's available

Edited by cannondale

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Not sure how essential WR's are on special teams (vs CB's for example) but Adams, Lazard, Funchess, Cobb, and most likely Rodgers. That's a lot of guys that won't play teams. Not sure if MVS played ST, but that would mean no WR's available

Another reason the Cobb acquisition was a bad move. You don't play MVS on special teams, he's your #2 WR. Maybe they try Rodgers. Either that or Lazard and Funchess might find themselves working on special teams very soon.

Edited by Old Guy

21 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

people are trying to like funchess after week 1 preseason, but isn't it kind of bad that he's playing in week 1 preseason?

not when you haven't played in over 2 years

he needs the reps to knock the rust off. And Love needs some decent receiving options with your other "top 3" WRs all not dressing.

win-win IMO

• Like 2