Preseason Week 1 GDT - Trey Lance Debut

N4L

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Think they have Hasty making the team over him? I'm not sure if this setback affects his roster spot to be honest. Shanny was commenting on how impressed he was with his pass protection and he got more carries than Hasty all camp. But honestly who knows. 

So who do we have making the team at WR? Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield Jennings and.....Hurd? James and Benjamin didn't do a damn thing today and haven't done much at camp.

I just hope next game they play Jimmy the entire first half and Lance the entire second half. I don't need to see Rosen again lol. 

If they are concerned, wouldn't be at all shocked to see him hit IR / pup to prevent losing him. But he may be safer to stash given no other NFL teams have seen him since the draft. Hard to say. A team could easily pick him up just based on their draft opinion. I definitely think hasty gets picked up

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Think they have Hasty making the team over him? I'm not sure if this setback affects his roster spot to be honest. Shanny was commenting on how impressed he was with his pass protection and he got more carries than Hasty all camp. But honestly who knows. 

So who do we have making the team at WR? Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield Jennings and.....Hurd? James and Benjamin didn't do a damn thing today and haven't done much at camp.

I just hope next game they play Jimmy the entire first half and Lance the entire second half. I don't need to see Rosen again lol. 

I think Sherfield is a lock and Jennings is getting there. Hurd needs to play some preseason before any chance of making it. I don't think we see Watkins seems like they might try to stash him on PS.  James and Benjamin I just don't thinks deserve to be on the team but who knows. Benjamin might be a vet PS player.

Edited by 49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So who do we have making the team at WR? Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield Jennings and.....Hurd? James and Benjamin didn't do a damn thing today and haven't done much at camp

Aiyuk, deebo, Sanu, sherfield, Jennings. 

One thing I thought was notable was that they put cracaft back there to a return a punt. He was also in at receiver somewhat early. I'm starting to wonder if we have taken his spot as roster fodder for granted. I'm also not removing the deep cut of Webster as a possibility, but think cracaft likely is higher

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Class act. Like Alex before him, he has handled everything with aplomb and we can sometimes not be appreciative of that even we are critiquing him as a qb. 

Gotta love the spin that certain people will do though when situations like this occur. Not just talking about Jimmy, but any established starter that might be fighting for their job at QB. If they don't cheer when the other guy does well, they're a bitter teammate, but if they do cheer it means they're a cuck, faking it, and/or not "alpha" enough to be the top dog. 

Already saw one comment in that tweet claiming Jimmy wasn't supportive of Mullens last year from what he observed on his television lol. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean why would Shanahan call those plays in week 1 of the preseason? He was going to keep it vanilla and wanted to put Lance in situations he was not comfortable in. 

Cohn prot pissed that his agenda he's been working on all training camp is falling apart. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

23 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Was pretty happy with Lenoir, Thomas, and Hufanga. Hufanga especially was always around the ball. The corners showed their talent but aren’t quite there yet. But I think both will be good. Was pretty unhappy with Banks. Hoping he’s just overwhelmed or something, thinking too much, and when he gets past that he’ll be fine. I know nothing about OL technique so I’m not going to pretend to know what he needs, but he needs to not suck. 

Lance kind of was what I expected. Flashed amazing talent but made some bad decisions as well and should have had a couple picks. That TD was the prettiest deep ball we’ve had in nearly a decade. Rough in the 2 minute stuff for sure. All in all it made me excited for the future but he’ll need to show more before I want him starting. Unlike a few others opinions on here, I do believe sitting for some time will help him with this. Practice reps, studying film, and watching Jimmy do it and learning (either what he did right or what not to do) will make him better.  I’m a big believer Rodgers and Young wouldn’t be who they were if they hadn’t sat behind Favre and Montana. And mahomes came out of the gate like he did learning from smith. Just my opinion, but who knows, maybe Rodgers would have led the team to a super bowl his rookie year if he started. No way to know. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Also, just going to say...Benjamin looks awful. As bad as James has been in camp and this game...it may be hard to cut him for Benjamin lol 

Said it last year when we signed him. Speed means nothing when you have hands of stone. His signing made no sense to me. Still doesn't actually.

Have been campaigning for James to get more burn it seems like forever lol. But I can't get behind any WR with suspect hands. Dont know where his cass of the dropsies came from, as that had not been a issue for him up until this point. But if you can complete the most fundemental aspect of the position then you lose the right to call yourself a professional. He needs to really turn it on in these joint pratices coming up or he's as good as gone.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

This team is in amazing trouble if a lineman goes down. That's why brunskill is so important to have...as a backup. He's the sixth man. The fact that he's starting is problematic. I'd love our situation so much more if someone else had grabbed that guard spot

THIS!!!

• Like 1