Preseason Week 1 GDT - Trey Lance Debut

N4L

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Said it last year when we signed him. Speed means nothing when you have hands of stone. His signing made no sense to me. Still doesn't actually.

Have been campaigning for James to get more burn it seems like forever lol. But I can't get behind any WR with suspect hands. Dont know where his cass of the dropsies came from, as that had not been a issue for him up until this point. But if you can complete the most fundemental aspect of the position then you lose the right to call yourself a professional. He needs to really turn it on in these joint pratices coming up or he's as good as gone.

Benjamin looked slow to be too. I'm just out on that after seeing him in action. I'm starting to lean more towards cracraft and I'm intrigued by Webster

The first play is why I believe in him so much. Look how he reads the QB and adjusts mid play to change directions to make the stop. He first had his eyes on the deep route and then saw the QB throw underneath and was able to adjust so smoothly. You just can't teach that. A guy like Harris would have NO chance there and would have taken a terrible angle. 

I know banks is catching a lot of heat right now, but I’m currently re-watching the game and focusing specifically on him and his overall game was not as terrible as it sounds on Twitter. 

yes, he got beat badly on a few plays, but he stonewalled rushers a handful of times and had a real nice heads up play in the 2Q where he disengaged with one rusher to pick up a free rusher and prevented a sack. 

I’ll probably have some more notes after I’m done the re-watch. 

also, Jaylon Moore did pretty well at LT last night in the passing game. I’m excited about him. 

• Like 1

Did he not just have a third surgical procedure on his ankle though? Anybody know where he is at physically? And IF he is healthy, do we even have the cap space to compete with other teams? Doubt the "hometown discount" is going to be that considerable if it even exists.

3 minutes ago, Psychlone said:

Did he not just have a third surgical procedure on his ankle though? Anybody know where he is at physically? And IF he is healthy, do we even have the cap space to compete with other teams? Doubt the "hometown discount" is going to be that considerable if it even exists.

He's not getting a ton of money. He's strictly in 1 year, 4 million dollar territory and our cap space is fine for that.

The health is the big question

1 hour ago, 49to5er said:

I like the idea of adding Decastro..I also think we are one Deebo hamstring injury away from being disheveled at WR. Kenny Stills, Golden Tate or Danny Amendola anyone? 

Leap of faith, perhaps, but I want to see if Sherfield +/or Jennings can evolve. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I know banks is catching a lot of heat right now, but I’m currently re-watching the game and focusing specifically on him and his overall game was not as terrible as it sounds on Twitter. 

yes, he got beat badly on a few plays, but he stonewalled rushers a handful of times and had a real nice heads up play in the 2Q where he disengaged with one rusher to pick up a free rusher and prevented a sack. 

Good take. I didn’t rewatch and there wasn’t a ton of replays when it did look like he screwed up. Eye test during the game, when focused on the ball, was he seemed to be getting beat, but I certainly didn’t focus on him during each play. 

My hope is like Anthony Davis. Remember how bad he was initially? Was getting pummeled it seemed like on every play and looked like a bust.
By year two he was a different player for sure. 

3 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Good take. I didn’t rewatch and there wasn’t a ton of replays when it did look like he screwed up. Eye test during the game, when focused on the ball, was he seemed to be getting beat, but I certainly didn’t focus on him during each play. 

My hope is like Anthony Davis. Remember how bad he was initially? Was getting pummeled it seemed like on every play and looked like a bust.
By year two he was a different player for sure. 

Yeah I counted about 4 bad snaps from him.

I need to re-watch the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th again. I was feeding my 2-month a bottle and trying to pause, rewind with one hand on my Xbox controller - didn’t go well. 

overall, he wasn’t horrible. He played next to Brendel, Compton, and Shepley all game, so not exactly guys you can rely on to always make their block. 

also, the Chiefs are pretty freaking deep along the interior. Banks got to see a lot of quality all throughout the game, which is great for his development.