Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Definitely appears that way. McTyer too. 

Yeah, I think so. McTyer has definitely earned it. Apke is a special teams ace on kick coverage which is why he’ll make it. Also, while he’s not a good corner or safety, he does offer position flexibility being able to play outside corner & both safety positions.

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Narrator: he didn't.

Not a shock. We all know that Patterson performed better. I thought they would keep Barber around bc of his special teams play & his short yardage abilities but it’s clear they feel Gibby & Patterson csn handle the duties that Barber handled for us last year.

Here’s the youth movement at RB! I’m definitely excited about the 1-2 punch of Gibby & Patt moving forward for the next 3 years & hopefully more!

46 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Not a shock, I guess this means Darrick Forrest makes the team which is understandable bc they just drafted him, he’s a great athlete and he has upside. Hopefully they can add Reaves to the practice squad but it’s hard to imagine some team doesn’t pick him up to be a back up safety.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Interesting tidbit Standig said. Moreland was released with an injury designation. I guess that means it's possible he could be back with on IR after clearing waivers? 

Ahh. Hmm, I’m hoping the injury isn’t too serious. Weird that I/we didn’t hear about anything. 

Have you?

I’m guessing with this happening that it means St. Juste will be playing as our 3rd corner. I’m also guessing they Fuller will slide to the slot when we go into our nickel or I guess McCain could be our nickel too with Fuller staying outside.

Going to be interesting to see what they do in the nickel D/slot.