Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

The first 3 roster cuts are in after the first preseason game. 

http://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-football-activates-curtis-samuel-releases-players

- WR Kelvin Harmon

- RB Lamar Miller

- CB Chris Miller

Feels a lot like trying to give these guys a chance to latch on elsewhere before rosters get set. I would have liked to see Harmon get a real chance to compete for a roster spot, but that always seemed like a longshot when it would’ve inevitably meant keeping him over AGG, the guy that they drafted. I think Harmon is the better player, personally.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

AGG keeping a spot over Harmon is silly. I mean, both probably weren’t going to make the roster but AGG looks like he’s never even played football before. Genuinely might be the worst player I’ve ever seen. 

Don't think AGG keeps his spot either
Terry
Samuel
Humpries
Brown
Cam Sims

Are all Locks
And I'd argue 
Steven Sims,Carter,Milne,or Wright is a lot more likely as one of them is likely to be our returner as the 6th WR

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

The first 3 roster cuts are in after the first preseason game. 

http://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/washington-football-activates-curtis-samuel-releases-players

- WR Kelvin Harmon

- RB Lamar Miller

- CB Chris Miller

Feels a lot like trying to give these guys a chance to latch on elsewhere before rosters get set. I would have liked to see Harmon get a real chance to compete for a roster spot, but that always seemed like a longshot when it would’ve inevitably meant keeping him over AGG, the guy that they drafted. I think Harmon is the better player, personally.

Yeah, I think Harmon is the better player but they obviously seen enough growth in AGG and some of the other WRs to move on from Harmon. 

It’s a shame, but I do believe he’ll latch on somewhere else.

Same with Lamar Miller. He’s got talent but with Patterson breaking out it’s clear that Miller wasn’t going to make this team. He was a long shot to make it even if Patterson  hadn’t broken out.

I didn’t realize the reporter Chris Miller for NBC Sports Washington was on our roster, but he’s already great at him other job so, no issue there! 😂 

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Don't think AGG keeps his spot either
Terry
Samuel
Humpries
Brown
Cam Sims

Are all Locks
And I'd argue 
Steven Sims,Carter,Milne,or Wright is a lot more likely as one of them is likely to be our returner as the 6th WR

I agree, I think AGG is a practice squad player. We should keep one of those 4 guys you mentioned to be our punt returner IMO. I like how Milne took it straight upfield/north and south on his punt return, no dancing around. 

Carter seems like the most likely out of this group to make the team and then 2 or 3 of the others will go on the practice squad, but we’ll see.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Sorry to hear about Stroman, but hopefully he has a chance to latch on to another team. There was some talent there. Injuries just hurt him bad. 

Agree, wish the best-unless he signs with the CowGirls ! He had promise but was a glass man .

12 hours ago, 4209 said:

We may need another RB and should be on the look out for one during the final cuts. Reason can Patterson handle the short yardage situations. Barber could be cut also. 

Jonathon Williams. They signed him-Does he not even get a look-see ? Coupla carries in the Pre-season games . One good year in Indy-only 27 . Good size 6' 217 lbs.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, lavar703 said:

And the Rivera crew drafted AGG who can’t play football. Harmon at least should’ve stayed longer than AGG. Dude is terrible. 

How can you say that? How do you know he can’t play football? Just based off a rookie year where he had a few injuries and couldn’t contribute?

From the reports during camp AGG was actually having a good camp and was looking better than last year. 

I have no idea if AGG makes the team - I think he’s a PS guy too - but I don’t think they’d cut Harmon if AGG wasn’t definitely looking better at this point. Now that would be silly. 

14 hours ago, 4209 said:

We may need another RB and should be on the look out for one during the final cuts. Reason can Patterson handle the short yardage situations. Barber could be cut also. 

I’m lost where do you get to the conclusion that we need another RB? And where do you get to the conclusion that Barber could be cut just off of this tweet.

They are cutting players to get down to a number they had to get to. I think it was 85 or something, they had to cut 5 players.

The two players we have on the team who are best at short yardage are Gibson & Barber. I think it’s becoming likely that we keep 4 RBs so we don’t lose Patterson. Barber can do everything a RB would be asked to do and is good covering kicks on special teams, I think it’s unlikely he’s cut unless Patterson proves he is good on special teams and I haven’t heard that he’s good or not good at special teams yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Jonathon Williams. They signed him-Does he not even get a look-see ? Coupla carries in the Pre-season games . One good year in Indy-only 27 . Good size 6' 217 lbs.

I don’t really think he has a chance to make the team unless he goes on the practice squad. He’s always been a long shot and with Patterson looking good in training camp and the first preseason game I think it’s just become less likely that Williams makes the team.