Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

My hot take, he’s Trey Quinn 2.0

You know - gotta call you out on this one . I see Milne actually get separation. Quinn couldn't separate the yellow of and egg from the white !  They do seem to be out of the same pod ( slow white guys ) but I think Milne may be a better pea. !

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'd think he'd either be on the Jets 53 or on the Jets Practice squad either way reuniting with his College Roommate and QB Zach Wilson

Anyone claimed has to be on the 53 ,,,I think . That kills a lot of claims.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

You know - gotta call you out on this one . I see Milne actually get separation. Quinn couldn't separate the yellow of and egg from the white !  They do seem to be out of the same pod ( slow white guys ) but I think Milne may be a better pea. !

Quinn could separate when going against back ups & when healthy. The problem was he couldn’t stay healthy.  

I guess we’ll see, I just feel like Milne is getting a bit overrated in the way that Quinn did in 2018. Guys make a few nice catches in training camp practices & in the 2nd halves of preseason games and all of a sudden fans think they’re going to be something special. Sometimes it works out that way, but rarely it does.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know. We think that a lot of times when we cut some guys & sign them to our practice squad, sometimes it happens where someone else signs them but a lot of times it doesn’t. He’s a 6th WR/practice squad player on just about every team in the league right now.

I think I lean toward agreeing with you. I was always a fan of the Milne pick, just because he’s my kind of receiver — technically sound, savvy, knows how to use leverage, effective after the catch, return guy, etc. 

But we’re talking about a guy who was the next-to-last pick in the draft and who has two catches on the field in the preseason so far. I think it’s an unlikely scenario where the buzz on him from our practices is so incredibly strong that some team is going to sign him to their active roster sight unseen. 

That may change over the course of the season, as receiver rooms start to get thinned out via injury and ineptitude. That could open up a spot on a roster somewhere. But all these teams have their own guys that they’ve drafted/signed/been working with — they’re really going to like the idea of Dax Milne so much that they’re going to cut all their fringe guys loose to free up an active spot for him? Maybe, but I think you could risk it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Quinn could separate when going against back ups & when healthy. The problem was he couldn’t stay healthy.  

I guess we’ll see, I just feel like Milne is getting a bit overrated in the way that Quinn did in 2018. Guys make a few nice catches in training camp practices & in the 2nd halves of preseason games and all of a sudden fans think they’re going to be something special. Sometimes it works out that way, but rarely it does.

Your absolutely right . It won't break my heart if he gets cut but I'm pulling for him to make it .

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Anyone claimed has to be on the 53 ,,,I think . That kills a lot of claims.

Correct.

“If a player gets claimed, he joins a team's 53-man active roster — meaning that the team will need to have an open spot on its active team, or otherwise create one.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2020/9/6/21424886/2020-nfl-roster-cuts-how-does-the-waiver-wire-work-new-england-patriots

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

yeah but if we cut he can sign to any PS he wants,it no guarntee if you cut a guy to put him on PS he stays  with you

Yeah, and they could also pay him more to sign him away or we could pay him more to make sure he stays and no one else signs him away.