Pre-season 2021 - Week 2 - Patriots in Philly

Deadpulse

I say you cut Brandon Bolden.  I'm guessing, he would have to sign a vet contract with another team and IMO he's not worth it. You keep him around and wait to see who gets hurt and resign him.  I not sure what the (signing) rules are when you cut someone.

20 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Curious who will be cut at RB for them because cannot imagine they can keep everyone

Sony Michel
Damien Harris
James White
JJ Taylor
Rhamondre Stevenson
Brandon Bolden

Clearly Bolden is out but with how JJ Taylor has played maybe James White is out because if they cut Taylor he would easily be signed by another team.  Sony Michel gets a decent pay check but everyone else is paid little to nothing.  Curious what they do, I thought Stevenson could maybe play some HB or FB but with how he has ran that might be a waste of his talents, has arguably been as good as any back in the league this preseason.

Also is funny how so many thought Mac Jones had a weak are and was overrated going into the draft, so far he looks pretty damn legit with a very good arm and surprisingly good mobility in the pocket.  Looks like they made a great choice with him and would not be shocked to see him starting at some point this year.  

It’s really hard. I think if I had to bet, it would be JJ. Are we allowed to put one on the PS and cut none?

3 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I’d hate to cut JJ.  Bolden is primarily ST.  Is he ‘that’ vital a ST piece that we lose JJ?  

Yeah I agree, Bolden is a decent vet but they have had him for so long, not sure one loses JJ over that.  

Michel, Bolden and White are both free agents after this year I think, Harris and Taylor are in 2022.  Just Taylor to me has way more upside and big play potential offensive thank Bolden.  

Doubt they bring back both Michel and White after this year also especially considering how good Stevenson has looked.  

I feel like BB is going to make a point to keep all of the RB .. Harris & Michel have had injury histories so they could easily need all of them. Going to be interesting to see what position carries less because of it. BB seems to really like Bolden so he will probably want to keep him for his leadership / special teams value. 

I've been pretty impressed with Mac Jones so far, he isn't going against the starters but he's done as well as you can ask. If you take away the two huge drops .. he'd have another ~50 yards and a TD each game and everyone would be singing his praises. 

Wilkerson has fallen back down to earth as you'd expect.. he was smart to put a major emphasis on special teams recently as it is likely his only shot at making the roster. I would say that it is 50/50 you can sneak him onto the practice squad again. 

DL is stacked and will have to cut at least one guy who could make an impact.. just so much depth at a few positions on this roster right now. The last 5 cuts or so are going to be really tough to make