Vegas wanted Mack back

beardown3231

1 minute ago, The_Romen said:

On one hand, getting out of that contract and getting a few first rounders would be awesome.

On the other hand... KHALIL MACK.

It’s tough because Mack is the best player the Bears have had for a long time and he embodies the blue-collar attitude synonymous with the Bears history. But to build the best team around Fields? Having a  lot of cap space and a few 1st rounders would be very nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

It’s tough because Mack is the best player the Bears have had for a long time and he embodies the blue-collar attitude synonymous with the Bears history. But to build the best team around Fields? Having a  lot of cap space and a few 1st rounders would be very nice.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. That's been the whole thing with Khalil his entire time here.

• Like 1

Sign me up for not interested either.  Mack is a once in a generation player.  You don't easily replace a guy like that no matter how many 1st round picks you get for him especially not when your GM has a pretty spotty record when drafting high.  Faggedaboutit.  He's a Bear now and happy to be one.

As it stands it's Quinn's deal in 2021 that's costing us more than Mack's which is why I speculated on a trade for him with the Jets.  You all may think Mack is too costly but if you look at what we're paying him through 2024 he's no longer the highest paid defender in the NFL and his cap costs will be less of an issue once the cap is ascending as quickly as Jeff Bezos rocket powered penis again.

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/launch1.jpg

105172552-2ED3-REQ-COM-BLUE-ORIGIN-04301

Edited by soulman

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Sign me up for not interested either.  Mack is a once in a generation player.  You don't easily replace a guy like that no matter how many 1st round picks you get for him especially not when your GM has a pretty spotty record when drafting high.  Faggedaboutit.  He's a Bear now and happy to be one.

As it stands it's Quinn's deal in 2021 that's costing us more than Mack's which is why I speculated on a trade for him with the Jets.  You all may think Mack is too costly but if you look at what we're paying him through 2024 he's no longer the highest paid defender in the NFL and his cap costs will be less of an issue once the cap is ascending as quickly as Jeff Bezos rocket powered penis again.

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/launch1.jpg

105172552-2ED3-REQ-COM-BLUE-ORIGIN-04301

Wow.   That is most phallic shaped object I have ever seen that wasn't intended to be.

Surprised there aren't round fuel tanks at bottom.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Wow.   That is most phallic shaped object I have ever seen that wasn't intended to be.

Surprised there aren't round fuel tanks at bottom.

You haven't seen that yet?  Bezos is the first to put a prick into space.  And his space ship looked like a **** too.  😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, soulman said:

You haven't seen that yet?  Bezos is the first to put a prick into space.  And his space ship looked like a **** too.  😁

I stopped watching the news for most part years ago when I cut the cable cord.  

Makes life much better.

I got off twitter a few months ago too.   That helps as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I stopped watching the news for most part years ago when I cut the cable cord.  

Makes life much better.

I got off twitter a few months ago too.   That helps as well.

I haven't had cable for well over 15 years but I'm on my laptop so much that it's not possible to avoid the news.

I actually have a need to know what's going on out there for professional reasons as well as personal ones so I stay tuned in but also ignore certain sources that can't be counted on to report accurately, outright lie, or show far too much bias.

The rest of social media is there only to occasionally see a pic of one of my daughters or grand kids or an old friend.  I may comment in response to something but I never post on my own personal page.  Frankly I wish all social media site blew up all to hell tomorrow.  We wouldn't really miss them once we got back to communicating the "old fashioned" way like by phone or maybe in person.  I'm definitely not a social media junky.

5 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. That's been the whole thing with Khalil his entire time here.

I don't think so actually. I've seen nothing that says Pace has an eye for passrushers. Outside of Mack and Hicks he hasn't been able to secure a real threat. You can make the case for Nichols but 8 sacks in 3 years doesn't exactly show dominance. If he takes another step forward them Pace can claim him as his first solid passrushers he has drafted. But that still leaves EDGE where he has been bad outside of Mack. 

I'll keep the proven product, use Foles, Dalton, and Quinn's deals to move for other spots of need. Unless they offer a ridiculous haul I barely even bother reading it. 

• Like 2