The Raider Chopping Block 🪓

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

8 and 6 are worth day 2 picks for a dude Pittsburgh couldn't wait to get rid of and was literally one misstep away from being out of the league?

Thank God you don't run the team 

If he gave us 8 and 6, absolutely. We gambled and it didn’t work out. But I’m not gonna act like I wasn’t excited at the time. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Oh it's ok. The optimistic choice allows for you to claim 2 phantom TDs. After all, blind optimism is so much funner than reality. 

I'll play that too. Keep Leavitt. He's been around. Nobody knows whether or not he'll set a new league record for INTs this year and makes Charles Woodson look like Erik Harris. I'm choosing to be optimistic about his future. It's totally sensible! Dude is really just a play away from Canton guys!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh it's ok. The optimistic choice allows for you to claim 2 phantom TDs. After all, blind optimism is so much funner than reality. 

I'll play that too. Keep Leavitt. He's been around. Nobody knows whether or not he'll set a new league record for INTs this year and makes Charles Woodson look like Erik Harris. I'm choosing to be optimistic about his future. It's totally sensible! Dude is really just a play away from Canton guys!

Ok funny guy, I rather be an optimist. Than a know it all, who ******* all day on a football forum. 

Edited by Geezy

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I really don’t care about the order in which they’re let go, it’s about who’s ultimately kept that’s important.

Normally I would say that. Here’s my problem: the Raiders came into this off-season sang multiple times how they needed safety help not just starter help but Deb help when they said that leavitt was on the team and had started two games both in which he was completely abysmal. They bringing Karl Joseph to help bolster the depth of the team with someone who provides prime level depth and then they just say never mind while keeping the other guy. That’s why in this case who was cut before who matters.

I don’t want to hear leavitt is a good locker room guy(which Karl Joseph is also). 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Muchos gracias. 

See, cutting Leavitt right now would be DUMB. Stop complaining! Be O.P.T.I.M.I.S.T.I.C. 

Just now, Turnobili said:

i remember in one of the JaMarcus years, Nnamid gave an interview where he said the corners always had good coverage but Russell kept zipping the balls through tiny windows. its amazing how much these guys love to blow smoke

What is he supposed to say? Damn our #1 pick sucks!! Lol it’s a tough spot to be in that’s probably why a lot of guys don’t like to give interviews because they really can’t speak the truth in most cases 

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i remember in one of the JaMarcus years, Nnamid gave an interview where he said the corners always had good coverage but Russell kept zipping the balls through tiny windows. its amazing how much these guys love to blow smoke

To be fair JaMarcus problem was not his arm he had one of the best arms probably ever his problem was the mental part of the game and his drive to get better at the most important/difficult position in football