Around The League Discussion

TitanLegend

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Came here just to post this very thing 

Rams knew the guy they had wasn’t good enough and made a big boy trade 

Titans need to do the same 

Think of all the staring QBs.  Who would you want?
Of course Rodgers and Wilson but both are unlikely.
Watson? NEVER gonna happen.

Derek Carr maybe? Will McDaniels want him?
Kirk Cousins
Sam Darnold
Matt Ryan

Those are the only ones I can think that could possibly be moved because their situations aren't concrete.  Ever other starting QB you'd want, those teams are trading them. 

The more I think of it, Derek Carr and Cousins are the only real  people you can go after and have a shot at. Because they are facing new coaching situations. 
But unlike in Detroit those places are rebuilding. 

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

For all the praise of the 49ers offensive scheming and ball distribution, they finish their playoffs averaging 17.6 ppg. Putting all of 1 more point on the board on average than we did vs the Bengals.

QB holding them back too huh?

• Like 1

Today was a miserable day of football watching for me

but I had some absolutely fantastic wings from a nearby place. Hot Buffalo and then a lemon pepper dry rub 

of Ryan Wentz didn’t throw three picks and we were playing today, I def wouldn’t have ordered in any wings so maybe it all worked out for good yeah it did 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

QB holding them back too huh?

Well according to this, we could have elite scheming and playcalling and only improve by 1 point.

Ironically Shanahan lost them the game by not going for that 4th and 2. Very Vrabel-esque of him to lose his balls in the 4th quarter of a playoff game.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Well according to this, we could have elite scheming and playcalling and only improve by 1 point.

Ironically Shanahan lost them the game by not going for that 4th and 2. Very Vrabel-esque of him to lose his balls in the 4th quarter of a playoff game.

Good point.
I always thought Shanahan wasn't great outside the first scripted series. 
Like I knew after they scored on us that first possession, I said we will be ok. He makes questionable decisions in game.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

They lost the game on the dropped interception. 

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

They lost the game on the dropped interception. 

Don't need the interception if they just get the 2 yards.

McVay and Shanahan both have become surprisingly conservative and anti-analytics as their careers have unfolded. Makes no sense whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

McVay and Shanahan both have become surprisingly conservative and anti-analytics as their careers have unfolded. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Not conservative just plain stubborn they stick to their guns the run game though Shanahan should’ve up 28-3 in the super bowl but 😮💨

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Kirk Cousins
Sam Darnold
Matt Ryan

Those are the only ones I can think that could possibly be moved because their situations aren't concrete.  Ever other starting QB you'd want, those teams are trading them. 

The more I think of it, Derek Carr and Cousins are the only real  people you can go after and have a shot at. Because they are facing new coaching situations. 

But....most importantly,  WHO wants Ryan Tannehill? 

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

They had an opportunity to get a yard on 2nd down for a first, lost a yard. Had any opportunity to get 2 yards on 3rd to get a yard didn’t get one yard. Players also have to execute. And they didn’t. I wouldn’t have had confidence they would get it after the previous two plays. Especially with Garappalo throwing arrant throws. 

San Fran’s players had opportunities to close out the game and didn’t. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Kirk Cousins
Sam Darnold
Matt Ryan

I still think the Wilson thing could happen 

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Only how Wilson happens is if Sea is willing to trade Russell you think they’re willing to trade a QB in the prime of his career for some low future 1st rd picks, because it’s a given with Russell Wilson were picking late 20’s 

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

My thing is. If your a qb. And want to win now, why wouldn’t you want to go to us. 

If you are the Seahawks. You want him out the NFC.

So that leaves, us, Browns, Broncos, Dolphins, Steelers?

We got AJ, King, least competitive division, best overall roster, coach of the year, great city.

I mean come on. 😉 

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

We need more legit talent among our offensive weapons 

its Henry, AJ, kinda-Julio and then….

Aikman said something interesting about SF after Jennings made a good play. “Your offense is only as good as your third WR”

we don’t have those kind of guys. Not even close. You want to hide a Ryan Wentz? We need to surround him with better “second options” than effing Firkser, Swaim, Rogers and NWI

Funny cause at the beginning of the season you couldn’t tell me or anyone on this forum that Josh Reynolds Was the perfect # 3 WR but unfortunately vrabel & Downing disagreed