Around The League Discussion

TitanLegend

53 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, with the info we have, being unable to see how the players will pan out in the end, it sure looks like they had a great draft.

Which is exactly why I loathe draft grades.  They're pointless.  It's like trying to predict how comfortable someone's retirement will be during their first week on the job out of college.

But we lap it all up.

10 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Which is exactly why I loathe draft grades.  They're pointless.  It's like trying to predict how comfortable someone's retirement will be during their first week on the job out of college.

But we lap it all up.

Well the other option is to just not talk about anything in the future, so…I guess we keep speculating.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Well the other option is to just not talk about anything in the future, so…I guess we keep speculating.

lol right? we are on a website called football's future. what is the other option here haha

58 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-power-rankings-which-teams-improved-most-after-2022-nfl-draft

Just another start to the preseason power ranking with the Colts randomly jumping way ahead of us again. 🤷‍♂️

I prefer we be the underdogs we always play better when expectations are low & counted out. When we’re exceeding we’re a disappointment 

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

I get that.  I'm just saying too much weight is given to draft evaluations when we have no information whatsoever to justify those evaluations.  

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Well we did lose AJ Brown, which I’m sure plays a big factor.

yeah, ideally this draft sets us up for future success but the write-up on us is 100% correct: right now this team is just worse than it was in january, no question.

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, ideally this draft sets us up for future success but the write-up on us is 100% correct: right now this team is just worse than it was in january, no question.

I will say it would absolutely hilarious if the Colts can’t win the division this year when we’re in a somewhat “relaunch” year, the Jags are the Jags and the Texans are the Texans. Especially the way Irsay has been going about this offseason.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...