Around The League Discussion

TitanLegend

17 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Pray to god you are right 

I don’t see where else they would go. Rodgers is either staying in GB or going to Denver, and I’d be shocked if Wilson or Kyler actually got dealt.

The QBs they could trade for, realistically would be Garoppolo or Jordan Love. Free agency could get them Jameis Winston, I guess, and maybe Carr would want out of LV, but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t see where else they would go. Rodgers is either staying in GB or going to Denver, and I’d be shocked if Wilson or Kyler actually got dealt.

The QBs they could trade for, realistically would be Garoppolo or Jordan Love. Free agency could get them Jameis Winston, I guess, and maybe Carr would want out of LV, but I doubt it.

There are other names

Cousins

Ryan

Darnold

Bridgewater

Lock

Winston/ Taysom Hill

They have options, not all great but could be in on Russell Wilson if he becomes available

19 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

There are other names

Cousins

Ryan

Darnold

Bridgewater

Lock

Winston/ Taysom Hill

They have options, not all great but could be in on Russell Wilson if he becomes available

Ryan is as tied to Atlanta because of his contract as Tannehill is to Tennessee, so I don't see that happening.  Cousins, maybe.  Vikings will have new blood that may want a new QB.  The rest, sure, but those are probably downgrades already, so great.

Garoppolo is like the best QB they're likely to get.  Unless they just draft one.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Ryan is as tied to Atlanta because of his contract as Tannehill is to Tennessee, so I don't see that happening.  Cousins, maybe.  Vikings will have new blood that may want a new QB.  The rest, sure, but those are probably downgrades already, so great.

Garoppolo is like the best QB they're likely to get.  Unless they just draft one.

Ya I’m very curious to see how the QB draft plays out 

Panthers Broncos Falcons Vikings Saints Steelers Bucs are some teams who need QBs at the moment 

Lots of dominos still to fall like Rodgers Watson potentially Wilson potentially Brady pulling a Favre in July 

• Like 1

Yeah, I’ve got no idea what the Colts try to accomplish. Without a first, guys like Rodgers and Wilson aren’t obtainable even if they were traded. Even Cousins seems like a tough ask without a 2022 first. Because the assumption would have to be if you trade them a capable QB and only get 2023/2024 picks, they’re likely going to be picking real late. And I don’t think anyone after that is a notable upgrade from Wentz.

Trading for Jimmy G seems like a real waste. Winston as a FA I guess is plausible. Not upset about it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya I’m very curious to see how the QB draft plays out 

Panthers Broncos Falcons Vikings Saints Steelers Bucs are some teams who need QBs at the moment 

Lots of dominos still to fall like Rodgers Watson potentially Wilson potentially Brady pulling a Favre in July 

It could go a lot of ways, especially with the QB needy teams being so spread out and evaluations being all over the place.  Trading up and down for QBs is definitely gonna be happening.

Combine will potentially clarify a few things.  I think Pickett and Willis are first rounders.  Probably one more goes in there somewhere, but I don't know which one it'll be.

But I think the only significant dominoes are Love, Cousins, and Garoppolo (and Wentz if he really is cut).  I'd bet Rodgers and Wilson stay put, and Winston probably re-signs with the Saints.  Beyond that, it's just journeymen that won't affect whether a team drafts a QB.

31 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I’ve got no idea what the Colts try to accomplish. Without a first, guys like Rodgers and Wilson aren’t obtainable even if they were traded. Even Cousins seems like a tough ask without a 2022 first. Because the assumption would have to be if you trade them a capable QB and only get 2023/2024 picks, they’re likely going to be picking real late. And I don’t think anyone after that is a notable upgrade from Wentz.

Trading for Jimmy G seems like a real waste. Winston as a FA I guess is plausible. Not upset about it.

I would take Carson Wentz over Jameis Winston for that team 100 times out of 100. It’s not even a discussion. 

21 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I would take Carson Wentz over Jameis Winston for that team 100 times out of 100. It’s not even a discussion. 

It all depends on price right? If you are just trying to rip the Wentz band-aid off already, maybe you take a shot on Winston on a shorter deal and see if the safer, Saints version of Jameis has any staying power? 

I’d almost argue that because Winston has a higher ceiling and a significantly lower floor, he’d be a fit. Because you either want good QB play or someone that will make enough of a mess to drop you out of the 8-9 to 9-8 range so you can draft one in 2023.

My hope is that they just trade for Jimmy G and learn nothing.

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It all depends on price right? If you are just trying to rip the Wentz band-aid off already, maybe you take a shot on Winston on a shorter deal and see if the safer, Saints version of Jameis has any staying power? 

I’d almost argue that because Winston has a higher ceiling and a significantly lower floor, he’d be a fit. Because you either want good QB play or someone that will make enough of a mess to drop you out of the 8-9 to 9-8 range so you can draft one in 2023.

That team is built to win on situational football through the run game and defense. Wentz has his issues yeah but he isn’t a turnover machine. Jameis is. He will take games they would and did win this year with Wentz and turn them into losses. They’d be a team picking in the top 5 with Winston. 

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I hope they trade up with future 1st round picks and draft one of these QBs.  lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...