Around The League Discussion

TitanLegend

I’m probably going to say it until I’m blue in the face this offseason but there’s no significant upgrade over Tannehill. The Wilson and Rodgers talk is a pipedream and the sooner we all realize that the better off we’ll all be. 

We’re all down on Tannehill but he’s not a bad QB. He probably in the 12-18 range for QBs. The gap between him and Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr or whatever other QB out there isn’t enough to guarantee we’re significantly better all of a sudden. We’re not talking about a Goff to Stafford level upgrade here.

Upgrade the OC, maybe draft the QB of the future and hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with a nice playoff run. 

• Like 2

Mahomes is a great QB. But like Tannehill, he pretty much lost the Chiefs the game. All he had to do was not turn the ball over and he did.

It also showed me that the problem with the QB that was present all year was there in the playoffs.
Ryan made bad decisions and turned the ball over in the season, he did it in the playoffs.
Jimmy G- was Jimmy G in regular season and in the playoffs. 

Chiefs problems came out again. Can't run the ball and offense is built for explosive plays. Once you take the plays away, you see Mahomes just run around hoping for something to happen. 
I don't care what anyone says, we gave the NFL the blueprint on shutting them down. Mahomes is great and will still put up great numbers, however, he and that offense has been exposed. I blame the OC too. 

I'm willing to bet in KC they have similar conversations that we have, maybe not to the same extent because nobody should be saying get rid of Mahomes. But I'm sure they are mad at their OC for play calls and Mahmoees for turning the ball over. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Don't know about ya'll. But Sunday I'm watching the Sunday night game of Titans vs. Rams. lol This will be my super bowl. 
In my on world of fantasy!  

Every time I see that Bengals team I just get so annoyed. Trying not to be bitter about it, and let it go, just can’t get it out of me. We let this Bengals love fest happen. Burrow just has this arrogance about him when he speaks I just can’t stand. That loss still hurts and will hurt for awhile for me.

I want to see Donald and Ramsey win a Super Bowl. Love me some defense. Hope it’s an ugly, low scoring defensive game. Terror in the trenches. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

Meh, I’m over the loss for the most part. I do still have moments where it hits me and I’m like “I can’t believe we really loss after we had nine sacks”, but the loss isn’t sticking with me.

I honestly think it’s a mix of me getting older and that the loss killed a little part of my fandom lol.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:37 AM, TitanSlim said:

I’m probably going to say it until I’m blue in the face this offseason but there’s no significant upgrade over Tannehill. The Wilson and Rodgers talk is a pipedream and the sooner we all realize that the better off we’ll all be. 

We’re all down on Tannehill but he’s not a bad QB. He probably in the 12-18 range for QBs. The gap between him and Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr or whatever other QB out there isn’t enough to guarantee we’re significantly better all of a sudden. We’re not talking about a Goff to Stafford level upgrade here.

Upgrade the OC, maybe draft the QB of the future and hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with a nice playoff run. 

100% agree.  In fact, I'd take Tanny over Cousins and Carr.  I'd prefer Ryan over Tanny but like you said, moot point.  Contractually, he isn't going anywhere.  Our team is good enough to win with him.  We don't need him to carry us.

If we played the Bengals at home ten times, I think we'd win 7 of them.  Problem is you don't get re-dos in the playoffs.  They beat us fair and square and earned it.  I just hope it lights a fire under us for next year.