Week 1 GDT: Cleveland vs. The politically incorrect team from Kansas City

MWil23

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns
    • The Chiefs. Did you forget that it's Week 1? They're 1-20-1 in Week 1 since the return.
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Who cares? Our head coach is an absolute salt and pepper FOX.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I think the take away should be this.

KC played near flawless in this game and we only lost by 4.

we were breaking in 7 new defenders as well.

if the defense still acts or plays like this by week8. I’ll be ready to fire woods

I guess I’m just not sure what your expectations are against Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, etc.  

They’re gonna hang 30 on everyone.

6 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think they did alright, but Mahomes' ability to maneuver in the pocket like those UFO's we see on the news, and throw the ball from angles that he and he alone seems to use, reduces our DL's ability to get to him before releasing the ball.  He and Lamar are the two QBs that scare me the most in the AFC.  When you get the chance though, you've gotta make him earn his grass stains.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen the DL get home more often obviously, but they were getting pressure. Mahomes is just great at eluding pressure.

The interior DL did a very good job I thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m still not concerned though.  I never expected to win the game and there are 16 more games.

I feel like what today did more than anything was confirm 2020 wasn’t a flash in the pan. We’re legit ready to compete.

I'm not concerned either, but it still really stings to lose a game we easily could have won.

Hopefully we come back pissed off next week and decimate Houston.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess I’m just not sure what your expectations are against Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, etc.  

They’re gonna hang 30 on everyone.

Yeah, I'm not mad about the defense. Did a good job vs. the run. Hill and Kelce are always gonna get theirs. Only thing is that I wish we would have put Ward on Hill more often.

Once they gel and guys like Newsome and JOK get some experience, we could be in much better shape.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen the DL get home more often obviously, but they were getting pressure. Mahomes is just great at eluding pressure.

The interior DL did a very good job I thought.

Yeah, literally no other QB has his mobility paired with arm talent.

Other guys may use their legs better, but they cant slice your defense with across the body heaves to the middle of the field for 75 yard TD’s.

He’s literally the most talented player at his position ever.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I'm not mad about the defense. Did a good job vs. the run. Hill and Kelce are always gonna get theirs. Only thing is that I wish we would have put Ward on Hill more often.

Once they gel and guys like Newsome and JOK get some experience, we could be in much better shape.

I’d have liked to see Ward on Hill exclusively and the same with JOK and Kelce.  That’s why those guys are here.

2 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

That would have been a great learning opportunity for JOK, but do you think Kelce would have run roughshod over him?

I’d have liked to have found out as opposed to watch Kelce kick the teeth in of everyone else again.

I have no clue what JOK would do, but I’m certain as to what Wilson, Smith, etc. are going to do.  Or not do.

• Like 1

Obviously Mad we lost but I take solace in knowing we can beat them. Fumble, dropped punt and Baker pick while hit, vs. No turnovers, and we still almost won. Give the defense the time they need to gel before January and we are going to be dangerous. Also, pay Baker.

Edited by nugpimpen
Typo
  • Like 1