Jets trade TE Chris Herndon to the Vikings

.Buzz

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This doesn't bode well for Irv Smith

I don't think he has to worry about losing his spot on the roster.  I still listen to local sports radio and those guys all seem to think Irv was set to have a huge breakout year before the injury. 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just meant in terms of his injury/starting spot.

Vikings run a ton of 2 TE sets, so he'll still get a lot of time when he returns. The issue is that it might be up to 8 weeks plus a week just getting back into the swing of things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m pretty frustrate over the Jags lack of urgency. Do they not care whether Lawrence survives this year?

Don't you think the O-line is pretty good when the starters are all in there?  Last year they seemed fairly decent, especially on the interior.

One thing they did to help Trevor out was drafting Etienne.  He would have been a nice outlet to dump a pass off to.  Now that he is injured and out for the year though, it seems like a smart move would be to bring in a good tight end who could be a similar option.  It's just strange that they haven't picked one up, because it's not like we don't have the salary cap space.