We got a punter

VonKarman

44 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Bojorquez ought to be 'DingDongBell'

(he comes from Bellflower)

At the very least the crowd should shout "Ding Dong" after every good punt (in a Leslie Phillips voice)

See 25 secs into clip.

Ramma Lamma Ding Dong!  lol

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

But I don't remember him actually losing a game for us.  Those rankings for punters are separated by tenths of yards. IIRC His average last year was 0.1 less than Hekker.

I mean, he absolutely played a part in the TB NFC title game loss. He should up real small. 

10 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I mean, he absolutely played a part in the TB NFC title game loss. He should up real small. 

I'm no fan of Scott, but I'm not sure how you figure he played much of a role in the NFCC loss.  He punted three times.  The Q1 punt was weak, but didn't end up causing any real harm.  The 2 punts in Q4 after the offense stalled were solid, each netting 48 yards.

(7:41 - 1st) J.Scott punts 38 yards to TB 27, Center-H.Bradley, downed by GB-K.Russell. 

(10:51 - 4th) J.Scott punts 55 yards to TB 31, Center-H.Bradley. J.Mickens to TB 38 for 7 yards (O.Burks).

(8:20 - 4th) J.Scott punts 51 yards to TB 25, Center-H.Bradley. J.Mickens to TB 28 for 3 yards (K.Russell).  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Not really. He had a 38 yard punt with no return, a 55 yard punt with a 7 yard return, and a 51 yard punt with a 3 yard return. The 38 yard punt was disappointing but it didn't give Bucs great field position. The did not score on the following possession. 

He was worse the week before against the Rams. Punts of 37 and 41 yards with no return.

I'm glad he's gone because he was inconsistent when the weather turned cold, but maybe people exaggerate how big of a problem he was. Hopefully the new guy is just coming into his own. Led the NFL in punting last year (gross average) and was the best punter this preseason.   

Edited by Brat&Beer
  • Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

He signed with the Rams as a free agent ... he's from Cali.  Not sure why Buf didn't lock him up .. heard he was really inconsistent in 18 & 19, but real solid in 20.

I found your post like 9 seconds later lol.i should have just read down 9 posts. But yeah thanks. Makes some sense. Overall average doesn't mean everything but still...

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This is going to be interesting to see how many pages we get here over a punter. Only Packer fans, I love it though. Why we're the best fans in the world because we care about our punter. 

I said earlier this off season, if you're big concern is fixing punting, you're probably a pretty damn solid team haha

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Not really. He had a 38 yard punt with no return, a 55 yard punt with a 7 yard return, and a 51 yard punt with a 3 yard return. The 38 yard punt was disappointing but it didn't give Bucs great field position. The did not score on the following possession. 

He was worse the week before against the Rams. Punts of 37 and 41 yards with no return.

I'm glad he's gone because he was inconsistent when the weather turned cold, but maybe people exaggerate how big of a problem he was. Hopefully the new guy is just coming into his own. Led the NFL in punting last year (gross average) and was the best punter this preseason.   

Hmm, I must be thinking of another of some sort. Memory is fading with age. 

Hijacking the thread mainly to ask; What exactly is it that makes Hunter Bradley bad as far as Long Snappers go? He's never really mentioned at all, and I must be horribly blind if he's had any seriously major screw ups snapping the ball because I've yet to hear of them.

Is it a technical issue? Is he garbage at running down punts? Does he offer nothing beyond mere competence at the position?

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

Hijacking the thread mainly to ask; What exactly is it that makes Hunter Bradley bad as far as Long Snappers go? He's never really mentioned at all, and I must be horribly blind if he's had any seriously major screw ups snapping the ball because I've yet to hear of them.

Is it a technical issue? Is he garbage at running down punts? Does he offer nothing beyond mere competence at the position?

I don't remember which games, but there were several bad snaps last year by Bradley that Scott managed to save. 

Reid Ferguson, Buffalo LS these past 5 years released today. We should reunite him with his old punter. Mason the Gray will have to adjust but these are professionals, so make it work. 

* I see now he may be doing them a solid, taking the cut so they can IR players then re-sign. Maybe we make him an offer he can’t refuse?

Edited by Refugee

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Reid Ferguson, Buffalo LS these past 5 years released today. We should reunite him with his old punter. Mason the Gray will have to adjust but these are professionals, so make it work. 

Seems entirely to obvious