2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

4 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I need a bye week QB for Lamar in my 10 team league that gives points for everything. Point per completion, rush attempt, and reception 😂😂. My options are:

Kirk Cousins vs Dal

Carson Wentz vs Tenn

Daniel Jones vs KC

Teddy Bridgewater vs Was

Matt Ryan vs Carolina

Jones offers the most rushing upside but may not have a ton of other help offensively.

Cousins, Ryan, and Teddy have been playing solid football lately and would be the "safer" options of the group.

I don't think I'd go with Wentz considering what the Titans did to Mahomes last week. 

PPR league

Khalil Herbert vs SFO

Chubba Hubbard @ ATL

Right now Im leaning towards Chubba DVOA says ATL is one of the worst teams in the league against the rush while SFO is in the top 10

But I am also starting Chubba in acouple other leagues not including this one so It might be smart to hedge my bets a bit

Do I hold out hope for Dak starting a late game and keep Daniel Jones as my emergency guy or do I scoop a different QB and start him prior to Dak's game? FWIW, I'm leaning toward Jones as my emergency guy since the wire isn't great.

Heinike at DEN
Winston vs TB
Ryan vs CAR
Goff vs PHI
Jones at LAC
Mayfield vs PIT
Lawrence at SEA
Roethlisberger at CLE
Geno vs JAX

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

PPR league

Khalil Herbert vs SFO

Chubba Hubbard @ ATL

Right now Im leaning towards Chubba DVOA says ATL is one of the worst teams in the league against the rush while SFO is in the top 10

But I am also starting Chubba in acouple other leagues not including this one so It might be smart to hedge my bets a bit

Herbert has been the hot hand and the same thing was said about TB's defense last week. Panthers O is a mess right now it seems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Do I hold out hope for Dak starting a late game and keep Daniel Jones as my emergency guy or do I scoop a different QB and start him prior to Dak's game? FWIW, I'm leaning toward Jones as my emergency guy since the wire isn't great.

Heinike at DEN
Winston vs TB
Ryan vs CAR
Goff vs PHI
Jones at LAC
Mayfield vs PIT
Lawrence at SEA
Roethlisberger at CLE
Geno vs JAX

I'm in a similar boat with Dak. Always nice to have an option and Jones makes the most sense as a hedge because you wouldn't have to play an early guy. I may scoop up Jones myself as "insurance".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm in a similar boat with Dak. Always nice to have an option and Jones makes the most sense as a hedge because you wouldn't have to play an early guy. I may scoop up Jones myself as "insurance".

I've had to do this numerous times this year with my injured guys because they continue to get primetime games or late slots and it's cost me scooping and dropping valuable depth. I'm still a deep team but I lost some valuable guys to the wire just to grab an inferior player at another position that I had to hedge on.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'd roll with Dak/DJ and save your waiver. Hopefully Dak can go but if he can't I'd roll with DJ this week. Saquan is likely going to be out but Toney, Sheppard, and Engram are all trending towards playing. And with no Saquan that opens up a lot more rushing opportunities for Jones against a terrible Chiefs defense. The Chiefs are currently allowing the 2nd most fantasy points per game to QB's and we've seen Jones have those huge games with 30 against Washington and 28 against New Orleans earlier in the year.

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

PPR league

Khalil Herbert vs SFO

Chubba Hubbard @ ATL

I'd go with Herbert, I wouldn't trust or rely on any player that plays with Sam Darnold.

Just now, RavensfanRD said:

Finally getting Nick Chubb back, but don't know who to sit

Chubb @ Pitt

Damien Harris @ Chargers

Darren Williams @ Giants 

I'm leaning towards sitting Williams in favorite of Chubb, but needed reassurance. :S

100% sit Darrel Williams against the Giants, imo. Damien Harris is a must start this week, the Chargers are allowing the 2nd most fantasy points per game to opposing RBs and have given up 180+ rushing yards in 5/6 games this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Didn't you call Damien Harris a must-start a few posts later? 😉

I think he is but I think Toney has more upside. I'm in a weird spot because Toney looked like he was trending towards not playing so I played James Conner in one of my RB spots (2 TD/14 points, thank god) but I also have Joe Mixon/Darrell Henderson in plus matchups at RB/Flex with Diggs/Diontae Johnson at WR. I think Toney has a higher ceiling but a way lower floor and will likely just stick with Harris.