2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I just don’t think Pickett is ever going to be an upgrade over Tannehill. That may be his ceiling. So why waste a 1st round pick on him?

I dont think the Titans are wasting a first round pick on a QB

But if a QB slides to the 3rd round there is a chance they could have interest if the like him enough

I just think they are checking in on everyone which is fine

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

He won't break records, but he will be a good QB I think. At worst someone like early Dalton, current Tanny,.....as I type. I wouldn't put my future on him. lol

I just wouldn't hate him. 

See, I think that's more his ceiling, but with fumble issues.  He's a high floor kinda guy, but I also think he's a low ceiling.  And spending a first on a guy who isn't an upgrade at QB, and with a low ceiling so he isn't likely to become an upgrade, and therefore not maximizing the talent on a very good team because of it, would be a bad move IMO.

Obviously, if you differ on how good Pickett is, then it's a different scenario.  My comp for him was more athletic Goff with smaller hands.

I think if you target a guy like Willis or Ridder with more upside, it's a different scenario, because they need time to sit and learn the game/improve their accuracy.  Draft them, and of they're ready in 2023, you can jettison Tanny and be a better team, or if they aren't, keep him around for one more year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think if you target a guy like Willis or Ridder with more upside, it's a different scenario, because they need time to sit and learn the game/improve their accuracy.  Draft them, and of they're ready in 2023, you can jettison Tanny and be a better team, or if they aren't, keep him around for one more year.

This is where I'm at. If you're going to draft a guy this year you gotta go with the guy you think has the most upside. If we draft a guy this year they're sitting for a year anyways, so don't draft a guy that you think is just a carbon copy of Tannehill. Draft a guy that you think can truly take our offense to another level at some point. Willis is a guy I'd love to land, but I feel like he's going to end up going in the top 15. Ridder I could see being our target for a variety of reasons, but I think we'd have to find a way to get into the second round to grab him.

I don't think any of these QBs even have a Tannehill ceiling. 

Rephrase what you're saying and see if you still believe it.

"Kenny Pickett's ceiling is a top 12-15 QB in the NFL."

I just don't think anyone believes that is possible, let alone likely. I don't think we're even remotely close to interested in these guys.

51 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd guess Green is the guy he is looking at.
I'm hearing Wydermyer is not looking worth drafting at all, based on workouts and his film. 

I am also hearing Wydermyer isn't doing well in interviews, but his film is solid.  If he slips, Titans definitely need to be doing due diligence on the whole TE class.  Probably some of the depth guys there too, but Leal and Spiller will definitely be gone before we can even consider getting them.

23 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think any of these QBs even have a Tannehill ceiling. 

Rephrase what you're saying and see if you still believe it.

"Kenny Pickett's ceiling is a top 12-15 QB in the NFL."

I just don't think anyone believes that is possible, let alone likely. I don't think we're even remotely close to interested in these guys.

Ceilings for Willis and Ridder are through the roof.  Ridder is raw as hell, but he plays a lot like Tanny already and is more athletic in every measurable than Tanny.

Willis could be Vick.

But I also agree with your last sentence there.  Titans are doing their due diligence, and if a guy they like falls, they may ****** them up.  But I'd think it's much more likely other teams grab them before we think it's worth it.

Definitely no to Pickett.  Titans were there, yeah, but he was the only top QB in this class they didn't meet with at the Senior Bowl or combine IIRC.  Probably there more to scout other Pitt guys IMO.

3 hours ago, Justin615$ said:

We are so drafting an OL in the 1st : ( would much rather go WR then OL in the 3rd

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Fully expecting us to draft an OG or ILB as those are the positions I would least like to spend a first round pick on.

I will not complain at all if we draft an OL with our first pick.

But I'm gonna be really annoyed if it's with pick 26.