2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

Just saw the first mock with us taking an OT in the first round lol.

It would really suck if we still need to draft an OT, but WR and OL are my favorites for us to take in RD1 right now. No TE worth the pick, ILBs aren't worth RD1 picks, and we're going to be paying Dupree/Landry too much to spend a RD1 pick on a rotational guy.

Drake London WR USC is my current crush. Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa is my #2 but I don't normally like the idea of drafting a C in RD1 but he's supposed to be insanely good and fits a need.

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Just saw the first mock with us taking an OT in the first round lol.

It would really suck if we still need to draft an OT, but WR and OL are my favorites for us to take in RD1 right now. No TE worth the pick, ILBs aren't worth RD1 picks, and we're going to be paying Dupree/Landry too much to spend a RD1 pick on a rotational guy.

Drake London WR USC is my current crush. Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa is my #2 but I don't normally like the idea of drafting a C in RD1 but he's supposed to be insanely good and fits a need.

Was it Darian Kennard from Kentucky? šŸ¤£

My favorite for the moment is the 6'3" 225 lb WR Treylon Burks. Mainly like him over the other top WRs because of our offense and how we could use his RB size and speed over the middle of the field. He has good size and speed down the field too.

Olave and Wilson are probably better overall players of they're still available, but I think Burks is a better scheme fit.

I don't like the idea of taking an IOL in the first round, but if Tyler Linderbaum is available and he's a blue chip player, does that make up for the loss in positional value? PFF is saying he's the best IOL since Quinton Nelson and he might even be gone long before we pick at this point.

Edited by TitanSS

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming we're picking somewhere near the end of the first round, I wonder what type of compensation we could get for trading back or if there would even be any suitors for that trade. The draft value charts suggest we could get a mid second and mid third rounder for somethingĀ around the 25th overall pick.

We've already got some dudes at the top, but we really lack any quality depth behind those guys outside of the CB position. Offense is especially grim once you get past Tannehill, AJB, Henry, Lewan, and Julio. Saffold/Jones are solid, but may not be on the team.

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Assuming we're picking somewhere near the end of the first round, I wonder what type of compensation we could get for trading back or if there would even be any suitors for that trade. The draft value charts suggest we could get a mid second and mid third rounder for somethingĀ around the 25th overall pick.

We've already got some dudes at the top, but we really lack any quality depth behind those guys outside of the CB position. Offense is especially grim once you get past Tannehill, AJB, Henry, Lewan, and Julio. Saffold/Jones are solid, but may not be on the team.

we're coming up on an OL rebuild and i'm really wondering whether we might blow it up this offseason. the line has been an overall weakness this year and could really use an infusion of young talent. obviously frustrating because we clearly have recognized that and tried to set up for that transition in recent years, but the whiff on wilson and radunz being less ready than expected have put us in a rough spot there.

56 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we're coming up on an OL rebuild and i'm really wondering whether we might blow it up this offseason. the line has been an overall weakness this year and could really use an infusion of young talent. obviously frustrating because we clearly have recognized that and tried to set up for that transition in recent years, but the whiff on wilson and radunz being less ready than expected have put us in a rough spot there.

Yeah, I'm still holding out some hope for Radunz to be an answer at one of the OG spots or RT, but maybe he's just not what was expected. I really liked that draft pick and thought he was going to be a really good RT for us.

Brewer has never looked overwhelmed when he's played so maybe he's Saffold's replacement at LG.

Jarrett Patterson - C - Notre Dame is someone I think would be nice to add on Day 2.

I feel like we always want to trade back, but since we could really use an early pick at C, TE, and possibly another skill position, it really makes sense this coming season.

No second rounder, no seventh. Makes trading down look appealing to me.

I likeĀ the Iowa center if we stay where we are.

12 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah, I'm still holding out some hope for Radunz to be an answer at one of the OG spots or RT, but maybe he's just not what was expected. I really liked that draft pick and thought he was going to be a really good RT for us.

Brewer has never looked overwhelmed when he's played so maybe he's Saffold's replacement at LG.

Jarrett Patterson - C - Notre Dame is someone I think would be nice to add on Day 2.

Brewer really hasnā€™t ever looked overwhelmed. Crazy because he does look a bit undersized compared to other OG, but I wonder if he could evolve beyond a spot starter.Ā 
Ā 

granted I had the same doubts about David Long and heā€™s become our best ILB by a good margin. Undersized guys FTW!!

I think itā€™s a definite that one of Lewan/Saffold wonā€™t be back next season. Brewer could take over for Jones as well. Going to suck losing that experience but weā€™re going to need cash next season and withĀ thatĀ massiveĀ Tannehill cap hit next year, things could change a lot in the OL. Just hopefully we draft a hell of a lot better than what theyā€™ve done lately with the OL. I think Radunz has to be a starter next season. Small school kid who hasnā€™t play last season shouldnā€™t of been relied on to play much thisĀ season. Kid needs to live on the field and in the weight room this offseason.

I think Saffold is probably gone. I don't think Lewan is gone because outside of the knee injury he's our best chance at having a good LT next season. I think he'll be back to normal by the end of the season.

I would bring back Ben Jones at C. He's a veteran and is still a solid player that can be had for a relatively cheap contract. I don't think we want to be replacing our C given the other positions we're going to be turning over.

I would bring in other players via the draft/FA to compete with Brewer, Radunz, Davis, and Quess for LG, RG, and RT. I don't think Nate Davis' job should be safe. His pass protection has never improved and he's a liability when we drop back to pass.Ā 

I would have Lewan at LT, Brewer at LG, Jones at C, Davis/Radunz competition at RG, Quess/Radunz competition at RT, plus whoever we're able to add via draft/FA.

That would put us at least as good as we are this year, but cheaper, with the ability to be better at RG or RT if Radunz is ability to improve and take over one of those spots. Hopefully RT and then we can use Lamm/Quess as backup OTs so we have familiarity in our depth.

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think Saffold is probably gone. I don't think Lewan is gone because outside of the knee injury he's our best chance at having a good LT next season. I think he'll be back to normal by the end of the season.

I would bring back Ben Jones at C. He's a veteran and is still a solid player that can be had for a relatively cheap contract. I don't think we want to be replacing our C given the other positions we're going to be turning over.

I would bring in other players via the draft/FA to compete with Brewer, Radunz, Davis, and Quess for LG, RG, and RT. I don't think Nate Davis' job should be safe. His pass protection has never improved and he's a liability when we drop back to pass.Ā 

I would have Lewan at LT, Brewer at LG, Jones at C, Davis/Radunz competition at RG, Quess/Radunz competition at RT, plus whoever we're able to add via draft/FA.

That would put us at least as good as we are this year, but cheaper, with the ability to be better at RG or RT if Radunz is ability to improve and take over one of those spots. Hopefully RT and then we can use Lamm/Quess as backup OTs so we have familiarity in our depth.

i'm not convinced brewer can do more than admirably handle spot duty. don't know if he's starter material. i'd say G is actually probably a more immediate need than T with how well quessenberry has played thus far, and possibly with radunz developing (though it's possible we see him as a G moving forward).