2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

Players working out with players from other teams isn’t really news worthy 

Just find it weird that if Tannehill wasn’t going to show up to the voluntary workouts, why not at least meet up with the WRs some where 

I know Kinsey NWI Fitzpatrick and who ever else was working with Tannehill a few weeks ago but Tannehill posted the photo for some ad the other day so just wondering is he putting off working out with the WRs because he’s got other things going on or does AJ just not want to work out with Tannehill 

Pure gut feeling but I’m starting to wonder if some people in the Titans building at all levels might not be pleased with Tannehill 

We are stuck with him this year 

I am starting to wonder if QB will be really considered Thursday Night 

@KingTitan will you be checking in with “The Guy” at some point this week before the draft?

Im curious if he could give us some insight if QB is really being considered 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Just find it weird that if Tannehill wasn’t going to show up to the voluntary workouts, why not at least meet up with the WRs some where 

I know Kinsey NWI Fitzpatrick and who ever else was working with Tannehill a few weeks ago but Tannehill posted the photo for some ad the other day so just wondering is he putting off working out with the WRs because he’s got other things going on or does AJ just not want to work out with Tannehill 

Pure gut feeling but I’m starting to wonder if some people in the Titans building at all levels might not be pleased with Tannehill 

@KingTitan will you be checking in with “The Guy” at some point this week before the draft?

Wyatt said in his mailbag this weekend that AJB and Tannehill have worked together in Florida recently.

16 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I've been back and forth with him some the past few weeks. 
He isn't as close to the process as he was before COVID. 

Not that I'm holding back, but he hasn't shared anything of note that hasn't been put out there. 

Been looking at QBs.
I'll ask him to give some more solid feelings. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've been back and forth with him some the past few weeks. 
He isn't as close to the process as he was before COVID. 

Not that I'm holding back, but he hasn't shared anything of note that hasn't been put out there. 

Been looking at QBs.
I'll ask him to give some more solid feelings. 

Trust me, I know when you hear something you share

I dont ever think you are holding back and will never ask " Hey King did you hear anything" because I know when you do hear something you always share

The most I ask is if you plan on talking to him during certain points of the year like around this time of year or approaching Free Agency or if we are having trouble during a certain point of the year

My hope is we add weapons for Tannehill on Thursday, specifically WR

If the Titans make the pick at 26, I think they are hoping for Zion Johnson or Kenyon Greene

I think the Titans want a Guard because they still see Radunz as a RT

Gut feeling is if they actually like Ridder and they really dont have anyone left on the board they want that he could actually be the pick

I think the Titans dream scenario is Willis and Ridder are on the board and now the Titans find a few teams like Det or Seattle looking to trade up so the Titans can add a few picks, late first or a couple 2nd's 

Edited by Titans fan 617
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

"Highest guy on our board at the time and it wasn't close."

For real, I don’t hate Penning at 26. Small school guy with traits. I think the hate is overblown.

That said, if any of the top 5 WRs are there, or if Zion Johnson is there, or if a good offer to trade back is there, then it will piss me off.

I’m just gearing up for taking an OL at 26 then having to settle for a WR at the bottom of round 4 again because nothing good is there at 90.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

For real, I don’t hate Penning at 26. Small school guy with traits. I think the hate is overblown.

That said, if any of the top 5 WRs are there, or if Zion Johnson is there, or if a good offer to trade back is there, then it will piss me off.

I’m just gearing up for taking an OL at 26 then having to settle for a WR at the bottom of round 4 again because nothing good is there at 90.

Im with you about gearing up for O-Line being the pick at 26

I just hate the idea that the first round is the only round the Titans feel they can plug that gap

I usually dont root for the trade back scenario but im starting to root for it 

If the Titans can get Detroits 32nd and a 2nd rounder

Or the Seattle 2 2nd rounders it would help us a ton

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Im with you about gearing up for O-Line being the pick at 26

I just hate the idea that the first round is the only round the Titans feel they can plug that gap

I usually dont root for the trade back scenario but im starting to root for it 

If the Titans can get Detroits 32nd and a 2nd rounder

Or the Seattle 2 2nd rounders it would help us a ton

And that’s the real problem right there. There are OGs that are consistently projected as going in the third that are pro ready.

Cole Strange, Dylan Parham, Zack Tom, and others all look plug and play to me.

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And that’s the real problem right there. There are OGs that are consistently projected as going in the third that are pro ready.

Cole Strange, Dylan Parham, Zack Tom, and others all look plug and play to me.

I'm against any OL in the 1st. I think you can find good to serviceable guys 2nd and beyond. 
If I was a GM, first round would be reserved for QB's, WRs, clear cut shut down CB or a guy that can get to the QB(regardless of their position).

TE's, OL, Safety, off ball LB's, RBs, most DL would be hard to get 1st round grades from me. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm against any OL in the 1st. I think you can find good to serviceable guys 2nd and beyond. 
If I was a GM, first round would be reserved for QB's, WRs, clear cut shut down CB or a guy that can get to the QB(regardless of their position).

TE's, OL, Safety, off ball LB's, RBs, most DL would be hard to get 1st round grades from me. 

What’s funny is one of JRobs best O-Linemen picks ever is Nate Davis who was a 3rd round pick 

Nate didn’t start right away but worked his butt off and when they threw him in he survived 

I really wish they would find a guy in the 3rd if we don’t trade back and get some more picks 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

What’s funny is one of JRobs best O-Linemen picks ever is Nate Davis who was a 3rd round pick 

Nate didn’t start right away but worked his butt off and when they threw him in he survived 

I really wish they would find a guy in the 3rd if we don’t trade back and get some more picks 

I just think if we can be productive with the likes of Dennis Kelly and even "graded successfully" with Ques then we can turn athletic and quality guys into players too hopefully. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I just think if we can be productive with the likes of Dennis Kelly and even "graded successfully" with Ques then we can turn athletic and quality guys into players too hopefully. 

I agree with this. I also feel like Guard is the one spot on the OLine where you don't have to have premium prospects to do well in the grand scheme of things. If it's a good player that can hold up against his man in pass pro and get to the second level in the run game, I think your OLine and offense as a whole is going to do just fine. Tackles are the premium spots on the OLine where it makes sense to use a first rounder, and a good Center is paramount to good OLine play IMO. 

All that to say, I think there's plenty of talent to be had in the 3rd round that could fill the LG spot. Saffold was one of the best guards to ever do it, and he played great for us, but even when he wasn't out there a lot last year, you didn't notice a huge drop off in the play on that side of the line because Brewer was a serviceable piece. We added Jamarco Jones and I think adding a mid round Guard to compete with him and Brewer would fill out that spot without much of a problem.