•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

52 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I think we all agree that if a player is far and away the BPA then it shouldn’t matter what position they play. See Parsons last year. 

BUT we all have a position that we HOPE is BPA. For me it’s probably interior OL or CB again. 

Well, yes that is true, but hindsight is 20/20.

There were many on here that believe or "believed" that position always outweighed BPA.

And many the poo pooed the Parsons pick.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Obviously we are going to be picking late in round 1 regardless of how we finish barring a trade up. That’s usually not a great spot to get the drafts best OTs, but we should have several of the top interior linemen otb.  

I’m very interested in learning about the interior OL, linebackers, safeties, too.

Ryan Ramczyk and Joe Staley we’re drafted in that range. I have no idea what the OT class looks like. But I’m interested to find out.

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

You’re not happy with Gallimore, Ogi, Watkins and Bohanna?  

DT is for once way down the list of priorities imo. That’s not to say I wouldn’t be interested in anyone of the Georgia DTs

I would probably avoid DT unless someone really unexpected falls to us in the first round.  There aren’t going to be snaps available for a 2nd or 3rd round DT.

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, yes that is true, but hindsight is 20/20.

There were many on here that believe or "believed" that position always outweighed BPA.

And many the poo pooed the Parsons pick.

This was not anyone’s belief. People may have thought Surtain was better. Or they thought It was close, and the need at CB was larger. But no reasonable person here thinks position “always” wins out.

• Like 1

To be honest in past years it was easy for me to see what we ‘needed’. This year not so much. When I look at the elite positions rd 1 gives…

edge we have two elite ones

QB. No thank you

DT maybe but we have youth and depth

WR yikes maybe if they will not be signing some one but this could be a locker room killer 

those are the normal go to spots in 1st that give value   

now after that. CB is not a bad option but we already have a 2nd rounder who looks to go with a all pro and quality depth at the slot

S. Is a reasonable choice but not much value in the 1st

LB. This is are weakest area after Parsons so I would go here if there is a talented enough player  

RB how many more years of Zeke. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I would probably avoid DT unless someone really unexpected falls to us in the first round.  There aren’t going to be snaps available for a 2nd or 3rd round DT.

That’s basically how I feel. If someone like Jordan Davis falls, grab him. If not, look at other positions.

13 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This was not anyone’s belief. People may have thought Surtain was better. Or they thought It was close, and the need at CB was larger. But no reasonable person here thinks position “always” wins out.

Maybe, but for years I have seen many people on here completely fixated on the CB position. 

It was on full display when we missed Surtain by 1 spot and selected Parsons.

Many on here felt the Barbie Carpenter syndrome kicking in.

Surtain got a pick 6 early on and many on here still lamenting taking BPA over wet dream.

It's easy to make the case now based on what Parsons has shown that many on here did not fixate on position.

But again, hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by Rtnldave

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Maybe, but for years I have seen many people on here completely fixated on the CB position. 

It was on full display when we missed Surtain by 1 spot and selected Parsons.

Many on here felt the Barbie Carpenter syndrome kicking in.

Surtain got a pick 6 early on and many on here still lamenting taking BPA over wet dream.

It's easy to make the case now based on what Parsons has shown that many on here did not fixate on position.

But again, hindsight is 20/20.

This is not accurate. People who wanted Surtain did *not* believe that Parsons was BPA at the time. Obviously, Parsons has proven that group wrong. But this is an inaccurate framing of the arguments.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is not accurate. People who wanted Surtain did *not* believe that Parsons was BPA at the time. Obviously, Parsons has proven that group wrong. But this is an inaccurate framing of the arguments.

Maybe they didn't, but some did. I recall people posting "please, not Parsons."

Which can be interpreted as 'Some have him listed as BPA' they would have known this and dreaded taking him.

25 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Maybe they didn't, but some did. I recall people posting "please, not Parsons."

Which can be interpreted as 'Some have him listed as BPA' they would have known this and dreaded taking him.

I think what you are asking is, do fans want the Cowboys to ignore their own determination of BPA, and pick a player of need instead?

Because I don’t think anyone in the “please, not Parsons” crowd (including myself), actually though Parsons was BPA themselves.

And if that’s what you are asking… generally, no, I want the Cowboys to follow their board, even if I disagree with their order, personally. But need and positional value should be part of building a board.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz