•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

1. DT

2. OL

3. WR (mid rounds)

4. OL again

5. DB 

This changes if we lose all the safeties. 

is this anticipating a loss of a WR?? Cee Dee, Cooper, Galloway, Wilson and maybe even Noah Brown and Turner seem very promising. I like the talent of Simi Fehoko as well.. 

Unless a freak "burner" is available

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

is this anticipating a loss of a WR?? Cee Dee, Cooper, Galloway, Wilson and maybe even Noah Brown and Turner seem very promising. I like the talent of Simi Fehoko as well.. 

Unless a freak "burner" is available

Losing Gallup and Wilson is going to hurt. Having a replacement would be nice. 

Im not willing to say corner is a need until we see what we have in the ones that were drafted. Additionally, our DBs are actually pretty good this year if you have any understanding of single high man. Its literally the most difficult thing for corners to do and its our primary defense. 

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

You think both will be gone? I figure sign/extend one at least..

Yup. And they will turn in to a 3rd and 5th round comp pick, so spending a 2nd or 3rd on a replacement and we are still net ahead when you factor in cap space

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yup. And they will turn in to a 3rd and 5th round comp pick, so spending a 2nd or 3rd on a replacement and we are still net ahead when you factor in cap space

In that scenario I would want a WR high up.. weapons weapons weapons.. especially considering injuries/covid will always happen.. just lookin at the domino affect of losing Cee Dee and Cooper, meamt no deep plays, extra defender in the Box.. No running game, Dak holding the pass longer waiting for a WR to get open etc... less first downs, more punts, more tired defense..

well you get my point.. 

Unless a cheap FA veteran with some talent becomes available..

My top choice still would be resigning Gallop however.. 

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

I still believe we need an elite safety who can play center field ala Ed Reed.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

This has been an ongoing theme for a decade. I had hoped the new regime would change that philosophy, but so far it doesn’t appear to be the case.

That might be because they pretty much dont exist unless you luck into one. Truly elite FS's are a unicorn in the NFL right now.

• Like 1