Week 1 GDT - Detroit Lions vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if he is out there, he will be taking snaps at QB.

Yeah, I mean I didn't like some of the things I saw vs the Raiders but you have to just live with his mistakes. Johnson nor Norman have done anything to earn the start over Lenoir. 

Agreed. And at least Lenoir has upside (as evidenced by the previous games) and the team has a larger stake in his development.

2 hours ago, JIllg said:

Agreed. And at least Lenoir has upside (as evidenced by the previous games) and the team has a larger stake in his development.

Yeah, throw him in there and see what he can do. He's made plays all camp and preseason and at least deserves the opportunity to start until Moseley gets healthy.

No pitch count for Bosa/Ford, but I'd still wager to bet that they take it pretty easy on both, especially Ford. I wouldn't expect more than 15-18 snaps for Ford. 

First play of the game does Kyle bring out both QBs to field??

• Like 1

This is the first I'm seeing our uniform schedule. 

I love that we're getting our new color throwbacks at home against the Packers, Colts, and Rams - all primetime games.

We're wearing our white throwbacks @ Seattle, which feels fitting and appropriate. Also, we're only wearing these twice this year, and our color throwbacks 4 times at home this year. 

17 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Oh god. Who will be their RT? If Decker can't go, that's a huge blow to the Lions as they're going to be relying on Decker and Ragnow to keep our pass rush at bay. 

This actually segues nicely into:

My keys for victory

• Pass Rush - The Lions have a top 10 LT and C on their line, but their guards are not great at pass blocking. Jackson is a decent run blocking LG, but he was terrible in pass protection. Vaitai is generally not good in either. Getting Ragnow's attention on double teams will allow either of their guards to be one-on-one with our interior pass rushers. Obviously, beating Decker (if he plays), could entirely collapse their pass protection. That's no easy feat though, as Decker is one of the better pass blocking LT in the game right now.
  • Pass Protection - The only thing causing me concern with the Lions is their pass rushing group. Flowers and Okwara are no joke and they're very high on Onwuzurike rushing from the interior. Keeping these guy at bay should help to exploit a weak secondary.

Things I'm interested in seeing

• Has Okudah made strides over the offseason, or is he still bad?
  • How will Lenoir look? Assuming Verrett will be on Tyrell Williams all game and K'Waun on St. Brown, can Lenoir lock down Quintez Cephus? I'd like to think so.
  • Is Sewell really this bad? I'm assuming most of his struggles are stemming from rust from opting out last year. He will have his hands full regardless of which side of the line he plays on.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Oh god. Who will be their RT? If Decker can't go, that's a huge blow to the Lions as they're going to be relying on Decker and Ragnow to keep our pass rush at bay. 

This actually segues nicely into:

My keys for victory

• Pass Rush - The Lions have a top 10 LT and C on their line, but their guards are not great at pass blocking. Jackson is a decent run blocking LG, but he was terrible in pass protection. Vaitai is generally not good in either. Getting Ragnow's attention on double teams will allow either of their guards to be one-on-one with our interior pass rushers. Obviously, beating Decker (if he plays), could entirely collapse their pass protection. That's no easy feat though, as Decker is one of the better pass blocking LT in the game right now.
  • Pass Protection - The only thing causing me concern with the Lions is their pass rushing group. Flowers and Okwara are no joke and they're very high on Onwuzurike rushing from the interior. Keeping these guy at bay should help to exploit a weak secondary.

Things I'm interested in seeing

• Has Okudah made strides over the offseason, or is he still bad?
  • How will Lenoir look? Assuming Verrett will be on Tyrell Williams all game and K'Waun on St. Brown, can Lenoir lock down Quintez Cephus? I'd like to think so.
  • Is Sewell really this bad? I'm assuming most of his struggles are stemming from rust from opting out last year. He will have his hands full regardless of which side of the line he plays on.

Yeah opting out and playing as a RT aren't doing Sewell any favors. Maybe its those short arms too?