2022 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

DreamKid

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Kenyon Green IMO really isn’t a downgrade from the top 3 OL in my opinion. He’s the most versatile OL in the draft and his upside is probably fringe All Pro. He’s not Quentin Nelson, but he’s very pro ready and has an extremely high floor. Dude was one of the best OL in the SEC since he freshman season. One of the best college recruits coming out. Has great contact balance and is still very young. Not to mention he would probably be the best selection for Lamar to really put himself back into an MVP type conversation considering the protection he could afford Lamar.

Ideally we could sneak away with Green after a trade down, but I’m very comfortable with Green at 14. Can’t help but think he’d be a favorite on Ozzie’s board. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Kenyon Green IMO really isn’t a downgrade from the top 3 OL in my opinion. He’s the most versatile OL in the draft and his upside is probably fringe All Pro. He’s not Quentin Nelson, but he’s very pro ready and has an extremely high floor. Dude was one of the best OL in the SEC since he freshman season. One of the best college recruits coming out. Has great contact balance and is still very young. Not to mention he would probably be the best selection for Lamar to really put himself back into an MVP type conversation considering the protection he could afford Lamar.

Ideally we could sneak away with Green after a trade down, but I’m very comfortable with Green at 14. Can’t help but think he’d be a favorite on Ozzie’s board. 

Yeah I’m with you. He comes in day 1 and is either an awesome LG or if Stanley’s injured, a good LT and we still have Ben Cleveland to play LG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

You all think Dax Hill could be a darkhorse at 14?

I think so.

Daxton Hill is super intriguing. 4.3 speed, has proven he can operate at a high level with anything asked of a DB except outside corner.

Speaking of outside corner it’s why I’m strongly considering him above Kyle Hamilton and have him above Booth and McDuffie. Both guys have shown outside CB ability and Hill has not.

Yet get him coached up at outside corner technique and I’d love to see what he might look like. His tools and athleticism could produce a top shelf NFL corner.

His sheer versatility and ability to exceed at so many spots gives me some confidence that he could make that transition. And if he were to make such a transition, that’s a huge boon. But if he can’t, he’s still a top shelf nickel safety. 

I’m honestly not sure how to best deploy him at the next level, but if anyone has an idea, I’m sure it’s his former DC at Michigan.

• Like 1

The above said, I would still prefer Kenyon Green to Daxton Hill. I still have some questions with Hill, I’m pretty confident that he will be a really good player as his floor, but pro bowl tier floor, absolutely not.

Whereas with Kenyon Green, I see a near pro bowl tier floor… which isn’t to say I think he will make the pro bowl, just that I think from jump he will be a pro bowl level starter within our scheme.

Hill has the higher ceiling, but when it comes to Lamar, I’d prefer to play no games. We had a perfect system fit last year with Crees Humphrey at center and while I don’t disagree with passing on him for either Bateman or Oweh, with Green we’ve got a similar premier scheme fit and if he’s not wearing Black and Purple next season, that would be a terrific shame IMO.

I’m a keep it real… last night I got to thinking… if no QBs or WRs go top 13 and there is no reasonable trade back offers… I don’t see how BPA wouldn’t be a receiver… Not saying it will or should be the pick cause I’m of the belief that we don’t necessarily need a receiver… Me personally… I honestly believe Hollywood and Bateman gon be a top 10 duo next year long as we stay healthy and fix the OLine… but at the same time I can’t sit here and pretend that bpa wouldn’t most likely be a receiver at that point… I’m preparing for a strange situation occurring if we don’t trade the pick… 

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

The above said, I would still prefer Kenyon Green to Daxton Hill. I still have some questions with Hill, I’m pretty confident that he will be a really good player as his floor, but pro bowl tier floor, absolutely not.

Whereas with Kenyon Green, I see a near pro bowl tier floor… which isn’t to say I think he will make the pro bowl, just that I think from jump he will be a pro bowl level starter within our scheme.

Hill has the higher ceiling, but when it comes to Lamar, I’d prefer to play no games. We had a perfect system fit last year with Crees Humphrey at center and while I don’t disagree with passing on him for either Bateman or Oweh, with Green we’ve got a similar premier scheme fit and if he’s not wearing Black and Purple next season, that would be a terrific shame IMO.

I feel u on that but at the same time Green at 14 would be a huge reach value wise based on every projected draft slot for him I’ve seen this entire process… I don’t have our evaluation being that far off of the consensus… but we shall see…

26 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

I’m a keep it real… last night I got to thinking… if no QBs or WRs go top 13 and there is no reasonable trade back offers… I don’t see how BPA wouldn’t be a receiver… Not saying it will or should be the pick cause I’m of the belief that we don’t necessarily need a receiver… Me personally… I honestly believe Hollywood and Bateman gon be a top 10 duo next year long as we stay healthy and fix the OLine… but at the same time I can’t sit here and pretend that bpa wouldn’t most likely be a receiver at that point… I’m preparing for a strange situation occurring if we don’t trade the pick… 

I feel like this is very optimistic. I think our fanbase has grown to have VERY low standards at that spot. We have Humphrey/Peters/scrubs at cornerback and it is scary for us and is near the top of the wish list for most of us (including me). We have Hollywood/Bateman/Duvernay/Proche at wide receiver and everyone is like....

george-w-bush-declares-mission-accomplis

WR is a premium position (look at the contracts or the top teams in the league or the team we have beat in the division). I really hope the front office isn't taking the sentiment that WR is too loaded to take BPA. We're not even close to that point.

I don't think no WRs going before us is possible anyway. Jameson Williams is easily a top 10 talent in a draft light on blue chips.

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

I feel u on that but at the same time Green at 14 would be a huge reach value wise based on every projected draft slot for him I’ve seen this entire process… I don’t have our evaluation being that far off of the consensus… but we shall see…

Meh. Value to whom?

From what these boards have been telling me for months, Trevor Penning is a top 15 pick and better than Kenyon Green, yet I see him as worst and also not even a top 50 selection.

I look at some of these WRs and it’s the same thing. They’re trying to convince me that someone with one good season, a breakout age over 20, and just an above average prospect profile is somehow better than Green?

It’s like Creed Humphrey, he went later in the second last season, would I rather take him or Travis Etienne, Kadarius Toney, etc. I’m taking Creed. Yet those guys were ranked as better values on draft day.

So while I agree that if other teams have guys rated higher than Green, we would be best positioned by trading down and securing additional value to secure the player we preferred anyway, but if absolute worst case scenario happens, no way am I selecting Kadarius Toney over Creed Humphrey… which is basically what I feel would be the case if going with Garrett Wilson over Kenyon Green.

On the note of value and BPA on boards.

And then also speaking of center, some last minute love to Tyler Linderbaum.

Obviously he’s one of the best OL in this class. It’ll be interesting to see if the Ravens plan on making changes to their blocking scheme and/or feel as though they can make those changes to accommodate Linderbaum’s skill set. If so, he would also be a BPA option at 14 if stuck without a trade down option.

i think the only things dropping him is size and positional value atm, but he’s proven to be one of the best center prospects of the last decade. He’s not the best scheme fit as currently constructed, but do you pass up his talent as a legit BPA contender simply because of scheme questions? I’m not sure.

7 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like this is very optimistic. I think our fanbase has grown to have VERY low standards at that spot. We have Humphrey/Peters/scrubs at cornerback and it is scary for us and is near the top of the wish list for most of us (including me). We have Hollywood/Bateman/Duvernay/Proche at wide receiver and everyone is like....

george-w-bush-declares-mission-accomplis

WR is a premium position (look at the contracts or the top teams in the league or the team we have beat in the division). I really hope the front office isn't taking the sentiment that WR is too loaded to take BPA. We're not even close to that point.

I don't think no WRs going before us is possible anyway. Jameson Williams is easily a top 10 talent in a draft light on blue chips.

I look at it like this… Everyone talks about the injuries to the rbs for the running game but imo Our passing game struggled just as much because of the lack of play action due to no one fearing our rbs… Couple that with Lamar’s injury and Bateman missing the first quarter of the season and I feel the numbers would look tremendously different for both Hollywood and Bateman… Huntley while a serviceable backup doesn’t push the ball downfield… the 1008 yards for Hollywood would have been well over 1300 (pace wise) and had Bateman played those additional games he missed due to injury (and had Lamar the last quarter of the season) I could see his number being drastically different as well… I think as a fan base we aren’t truly evaluating how drastically different our offense could possibly look under healthy circumstances… To some Top 10 seems like a drastic leap but the fact of the matter is we never got to see what this offense can truly look like at full strength