Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Washington Football Team - Sept 12, 1 PM EST, CBS

MikeT14

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Scouts always say after a player flashes like that they go back and then evaluate his tape again. If it matches up or they see potential with him, they move him up the board & so, Davis was moved up the board bc of his athleticism & potential.

And he’s from a military family. RR high character type. 

- Herbert looked like Brady or Mahomes against us. Maybe he's that good. 

- That Gibson fumble killed us. I actually did not mind Scott Turner's run oriented game plan. Gibson lost the ball earlier in the game so I thought that would have been a wakeup call. 

- Fitzmagic was pretty bad. Everyone was blaming the offensive line but it's funny how the offensive line wasn't that much of a problem when Heinecke came in. Why did we pay Fitzmagic all that money again?? Should be interesting to see who they roll with in the future. 

- The third round rookie hype should be die down some. Everyone is talking about how bad St. Juste was but Dyami Brown showed very little. 

- William Jackson played pretty good. 

• Like 1

I have to lol at the Kyle Smith comment. He’s been Scot McCoughan’d by most in this fanbase. He got credit for every good move the front office made after McCloughan was fired - which McCloughan got in 2015 & 16 - but then, all the bad moves the front office made from 2014-2019, those would fall on Bruce Allen bc fans wanted to prop up McCloughan & Smith like they never made a poor decision.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I have to lol at the Kyle Smith comment. He’s been Scot McCoughan’d by most in this fanbase. He got credit for every good move the front office made after McCloughan was fired - which McCloughan got in 2015 & 16 - but then, all the bad moves the front office made from 2014-2019, those would fall on Bruce Allen bc fans wanted to prop up McCloughan & Smith like they never made a poor decision.

Yeah, the Falcons look horrible. I'll take solace in that this year. Drafting Pitts over some of those QBs is gonna bite them 

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

- Herbert looked like Brady or Mahomes against us. Maybe he's that good. 

- That Gibson fumble killed us. I actually did not mind Scott Turner's run oriented game plan. Gibson lost the ball earlier in the game so I thought that would have been a wakeup call. 

- Fitzmagic was pretty bad. Everyone was blaming the offensive line but it's funny how the offensive line wasn't that much of a problem when Heinecke came in. Why did we pay Fitzmagic all that money again?? Should be interesting to see who they roll with in the future. 

- The third round rookie hype should be die down some. Everyone is talking about how bad St. Juste was but Dyami Brown showed very little. 

- William Jackson played pretty good. 

I didn’t think St. Juste had a bad game. He had mostly good coverage but there was no way our secondary was going to check Keenan Allen & Mike Williams with Herbert rifling the ball all over. He was mostly in position. He should be better when he’s not going against such a great passing attack.

Dyami Brown didn’t get much of a chance, hard to evaluate him tbh.

I think anyway you look at it it’s far too early to be hard on rookies after just one week.

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Yeah, the Falcons look horrible. I'll take solace in that this year. Drafting Pitts over some of those QBs is gonna bite them 

I don’t think that. I think Pitts is going to be awesome, but beyond that, just like in DC, Kyle Smith has never had final say in personnel. So, the idea that he should have ever gotten a lot of praise or blame for moves in DC or now Atlanta doesn’t really add up.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t think St. Juste had a bad game. He had mostly good coverage but there was no way our secondary was going to check Keenan Allen & Mike Williams with Herbert rifling the ball all over. He was mostly in position. He should be better when he’s not going against such a great passing attack.

Dyami Brown didn’t get much of a chance, hard to evaluate him tbh.

I think anyway you look at it it’s far too early to be hard on rookies after just one week.

St. Juste got worked.... what were you watching? How many of those third downs did he give up? Rookie have room to improve but at this point he needs to be benched or moved down the pecking order 

Dyami Brown was targeted four times. Just as much as Terry McLaurin. He was out there, just invisible. 

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

St. Juste got worked.... what were you watching? How many of those third downs did he give up? Rookie have room to improve but at this point he needs to be benched or moved down the pecking order 

Dyami Brown was targeted four times. Just as much as Terry McLaurin. He was out there, just invisible. 

St. Juste was awful. I personally thought this whole draft was rough but that’s me. 

• Like 1