Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Washington Football Team - Sept 12, 1 PM EST, CBS

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

St. Juste got worked.... what were you watching? How many of those third downs did he give up? Rookie have room to improve but at this point he needs to be benched or moved down the pecking order 

Dyami Brown was targeted four times. Just as much as Terry McLaurin. He was out there, just invisible. 

All I’m saying is that he usually had decent coverage, they WRs are paid to make plays too. He was also going up against a great passing game in his first nfl game. Kendall Fuller a 6 year vet who’s making $10 million a game got smoked by the same WRs & QB.

On one of Dyami’s attempts he was interfered with/grabbed so he wouldn’t catch the ball. It was a 35 yard penalty, you could make the argument that w/o that PI, it would’ve been a 35 yard reception or more.

Also, one of his receptions was nullified bc Joey Bosa hit Heinicke low on the play. If those two plays happen differently, Brown ends up with 3 receptions for at least 40 yards on the game.

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

You think everything is rough, that not's a surprise. Cosmi played okay

Cosmi did the best he could with the situation they put him in. You can’t line him up across from one of the best rushers in football, not give him help and then expect it to go well. 

And we’ve sucked for 20 years. Thinking things are rough isn’t far fetched. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

We won the NFC East last year sunshine

Yeah but we weren’t a good team last year. Every objective fan knows that our team wasn’t good last year. If we had played in a better division and not vs so many back up QBs, we probably win 5 or less games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

All I’m saying is that he usually had decent coverage, they WRs are paid to make plays too. He was also going up against a great passing game in his first nfl game. Kendall Fuller a 6 year vet who’s making $10 million a game got smoked by the same WRs & QB.

On one of Dyami’s attempts he was interfered with/grabbed so he wouldn’t catch the ball. It was a 35 yard penalty, you could make the argument that w/o that PI, it would’ve been a 35 yard reception or more.

Also, one of his receptions was nullified bc Joey Bosa hit Heinicke low on the play. If those two plays happen differently, Brown ends up with 3 receptions for at least 40 yards on the game.

Woulda shoulda don't count my friend! And no St.Juste did not have decent coverage. I agree that the WRs are paid to make plays. That is why I said Herbert looked like Brady or Mahomes against us. Re-watch the game instead of defending bad play and wasting my time!

Just now, taylor made said:

Woulda shoulda don't count my friend! And no St.Juste did not have decent coverage. I agree that the WRs are paid to make plays. That is why I said Herbert looked like Brady or Mahomes against us. Re-watch the game instead of defending bad play and wasting my time!

Herbert looked incredible.  Not every QB is going to be able to execute that get the ball out in 2 seconds game plan like he did.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

I watched the game, a lot of those receptions he was right there & a lot of those receptions - especially the Keenan Allen ones - were on Kendall Fuller who played most of the game in the slot and got abused! 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Winston is also playing against your buddy Joe Barry. 

Not my buddy. Saying we had awful personnel back when he was our defensive coordinator - which we did - and defending Barry are two totally different things. We didn’t have a defensive roster from 2012-2019 that was going to stop many people no matter who our defensive coaches were.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Well, we couldn’t have drafted Parsons and from what I remember Parsons got burned some in coverage too. It’s far too soon to say that Davis wasn’t worth the pick based off of week 1 where the defensive coaches won’t play him in the nickel package which is his strength.

Parsons will be a bust. I'm on record now as saying that