Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Washington Football Team - Sept 12, 1 PM EST, CBS

MikeT14

(You're welcome @Thaiphoon)

lac.png&h=100&w=100 VS wsh.png&h=100&w=100

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE ARE BACK WITH REAL NFL FOOTBALL AGAIN!

Incredible matchup this week with two teams looking to take a leap forward this year. The sophomore campaigns for Justin Herbert and Chase Young should be exciting. Both teams come in with some expectations and optimism. 

Spread: Chargers -1, OU 44.5

Things to look forward to this week:

1) Does the WFT defense continue its upward trend from last year?

2) What jump does Herbert make into year two? How much does the return of Ekeler help? 

3) How much playing time does Curtis Samuel get?

As always, please use gifs to show expectations, feelings, or anger. 

• Like 1

200.gif

I Think this is a good match up  for us to be honest,Chargers weakest point is O-Line vs our Dline esp interior should be in our favor,also their top 3 Olineman don't seem to be 100% in Linsley,Buluga,and Slater.

The only Match up that really scares me is Bosa vs Cosmi could be game changing.

But my brain also tells me the me being confident in Washington hasn't turned out to greatly in recent history.

• Like 1

I don’t feel good about us winning this game based on how inconsistent our starting offense was this preseason. Things we have going for us is that the Chargers have to travel cross country to play a 1:00 pm game - which is 10:00 am their time - and the Chargers offense is sure to be out of sync & their tackling is probably going to be bad bc their starters didn’t play in the preseason.

I’m very excited to see our defense play! I think our DL will dominate this game but our offense will disappoint.

LAC: 24

Wash: 20

Edited by turtle28

Now I know everyone here is aware of our 2021 schedule. Cannot remember our 2020 strength of schedule but the 2021 is very differcult.                                                     Herbert                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Allen                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Mahommes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Rodgers                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Brady                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Russell                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Prescott(2)                                                                                                        

Thats 7 games against some very very good QB's. We are will see just how good our D is this yr and I pretty sure they will be on the ropes this alot this yr.

Everyone here knows the keys to winning football games Win the TO's, field possessions, convert 3rd downs and stop the opp on 3rd downs, RG etc.

The Charger  RT Tackle Bryan Bulaga is status is still up in the air. If he is out we should be able to to put pressure on Herbert and force him to make some mistakes or atleast make him feel uncomfortable in the pocket. They have a new Offensive cordinator Joe Lombardi from the Saints. Enough said Echler Eckler and more Eckler. Cannot forget about Allen. Who is our slot cb. Whoever he is get ready (Roberts?).  But this is new offense scheme so that should help us.  The Chargers Def is vunerable but watch Bosa.  Our team somewhat mimics the chargers OFF (pass catching RB's). Fitz is streaky but we have some weapons also. I like Brown to make a big play.  Right now I will proceed with caution. This game has the making of a toss up to me and it will depend on Def making a big play to win the game at the end. Hopefully it's our team.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

5 hours ago, 4209 said:

Now I know everyone here is aware of our 2021 schedule. Cannot remember our 2020 strength of schedule but the 2021 is very differcult.                                                     Herbert                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Allen                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Mahommes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Rodgers                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Brady                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Russell                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Prescott(2)                                                                                                        

Thats 7 games against some very very good QB's. We are will see just how good our D is this yr and I pretty sure they will be on the ropes this alot this yr.

Everyone here knows the keys to winning football games Win the TO's, field possessions, convert 3rd downs and stop the opp on 3rd downs, RG etc.

The Charger  RT Tackle Bryan Bulaga is status is still up in the air. If he is out we should be able to to put pressure on Herbert and force him to make some mistakes or atleast make him feel uncomfortable in the pocket. They have a new Offensive cordinator Joe Lombardi from the Saints. Enough said Echler Eckler and more Eckler. Cannot forget about Allen. Who is our slot cb. Whoever he is get ready (Roberts?).  But this is new offense scheme so that should help us.  The Chargers Def is vunerable but watch Bosa.  Our team somewhat mimics the chargers OFF (pass catching RB's). Fitz is streaky but we have some weapons also. I like Brown to make a big play.  Right now I will proceed with caution. This game has the making of a toss up to me and it will depend on Def making a big play to win the game at the end. Hopefully it's our team.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Kendall Fuller is supposed to play the slot. When they go with 3 CBs, St. Juste will play outside, Fuller will slide to nickel. At least that’s what I’ve heard. 

Don’t Forget Derwin James is back too, of course he’s more of a SS than FS, so the plays he makes will be more in run D most likely than pass D, like Landon Collins for us.

• Like 1