Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Washington Football Team - Sept 12, 1 PM EST, CBS

MikeT14

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Just a reminder, I will not be on the GDT during the game as I will be actually at the game trying to stomach the idiotic drum band in between plays and the quarters. Will be the first game I go to where there's nothing to see between plays. 

So you are all grown men and know the rules. So play nice. 

And if the rules are broken?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCKmSMj1KwA0ScKrK-5IH

Who us?

harrison-ford-star-wars.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kenny Golladay, Corey Davis, Julio Jones, Smith-Schuster all available and we went hard after the former panther who wasn’t as good as any of them. And he’s hurt already. This is why you don’t let your headcoach build the roster. 

Only would have had Davis over Samuel given those options (Golladay because I thought he was what Samuel is apparently turning into (a British sports car), Jones due to age, and Smith-Schuster due to being a head case).

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kenny Golladay, Corey Davis, Julio Jones, Smith-Schuster all available and we went hard after the former panther who wasn’t as good as any of them. And he’s hurt already. This is why you don’t let your headcoach build the roster. 

Except he's done a good job building our roster....

1 minute ago, Troublez said:

I think what @lavar703 was pointing to was that Rivera has a known issue of selecting former Panthers over others regardless of whether that decision in the best decision. Yes, said players would know his playbook, but that's what the offseason is for.

Going with a GM to make the roster choices means you may have decisions made with less bias.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Never said he was awful at it but he has a proclivity to sign former players. To the point where we literally now have absolutely nothing at LB behind Holcomb and Davis because all he did was focus on former back ups he had. Bostic is terrible and wouldn’t start on pretty much any other team. We absolutely do not have a QB and we’re completely wasting a year of this young, inexpensive defense on a 39-year old journeymen QB. We’re rail thin at TE behind Logan Thomas. God help us if Leno or Cosmi get hurt. 

I wouldn’t exactly say he’s done a good job. Our depth is really rough and then the just insanely mind boggling decision to cut Moreland in favor of Apke. I just would like to see this team be in the hands of an actual GM. Not three failed, former GMs or not another Bruce Allen. And we’ve proven many times already letting the coach build the team doesn’t work. I really like the fact that he’s brought a bunch of respectability back to the building but I think it would’ve served Rivera better to have a GM that he didn’t pick. I think you need a talent evaluator who can tell the coach no. That’s my opinion though but I really hope what we’re doing succeeds. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Especially you and @e16bball.

Leaving ex-moderators unsupervised on here is a recipe for disaster.

Last time I did, the place was trashed, I had to drain and clean out the pool, my dog was pregnant, and what was up with the midget ballet?

THEY WERE ADORBS!!!

And I had nothing to do with your dog.

• Like 1

john-riggins-redskins-super-bowl-si-feat

riggins_21.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMMby_aF7iMSN9f6CQhAV

Brothers, let me use an infamous line: “I’m bored, broke and I’m back” ( the best Redskins running back of all time)

I’ve missed you guys and late at night I have been checking in and great to see the gangs doing great! 

I’m caving a bit as I was thinking I’d grown tired of watching and supporting my team under the imbecilic ownership and leadership. While little Danny isn’t completely gone, Bruce and Jay are now both working at ***** sporting goods and I’m impressed with the direction the team has been going. 
Lastly, being bored I’ve spent way too much drinking and at strip clubs, so 

59753117.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Woz said:

I think what @lavar703 was pointing to was that Rivera has a known issue of selecting former Panthers over others regardless of whether that decision in the best decision. Yes, said players would know his playbook, but that's what the offseason is for.

Going with a GM to make the roster choices means you may have decisions made with less bias.

This is the deepest our team has been in 20 years.... Given the state of offense when Ron took over, he has done an excellent job building a roster.  It's indisputable.

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

This is the deepest our team has been in 20 years.... Given the state of offense when Ron took over, he has done an excellent job building a roster.  It's indisputable.

1. I'm not sure I would say 20 years. The Gibbs 2.0 squad had talent. Since 2007? Yeah, I will buy that, so call it last 15 years.
  2. However, just because the team is in good shape, does not mean that we cannot criticize decisions made.
  3. I still believe that in the general case, having the GM handling the final roster control is a better pathway to sustained success.

2 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. I'm not sure I would say 20 years. The Gibbs 2.0 squad had talent. Since 2007? Yeah, I will buy that, so call it last 15 years.
  2. However, just because the team is in good shape, does not mean that we cannot criticize decisions made.
  3. I still believe that in the general case, having the GM handling the final roster control is a better pathway to sustained success.

Meh- Ron's earned the benefit of the doubt after Logan Thomas.... 

Plus, Curtis S is a good ball player who happened to get hurt. 

Just now, Troublez said:

Meh- Ron's earned the benefit of the doubt after Logan Thomas.... 

*shrugs* On the whole, he's done well, but not enough to just assume success in my book.

1 minute ago, Troublez said:

Plus, Curtis S is a good ball player who happened to get hurt. 

Good he may be, but he has only started more than half a season once in his career.

If Samuel had been on say Las Vegas's roster before coming to Washington, it might not be as questionable in my view. It's just that this feels like yet another Carolina player we took simply because they were a former Carolina player without considering if he was the best available.

• Like 2