Ravens sign RB Le'Veon Bell

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I just don't remember him doing anything that bad.

It's not like he's hated for criminal stuff like some other players. It's just over the course of his career his attitude and actions have rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Simply happens with some players(or really any public figure), and it's rarely anything but a natural response. There's no conspiracy or grand misunderstanding to me... he's just not likeable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

People love to hate Le'veon Bell for some reason. Would love to see him stick it to Pitt and KC this year. 

How many Reid coached players have bad mouthed Andy?  

Not sure KC even cares about Bell,   That’s just an obvious tell.. it’s a You problem with Bell, not coaching 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

How many Reid coached players have bad mouthed Andy?  

Not sure KC even cares about Bell,   That’s just an obvious tell.. it’s a You problem with Bell, not coaching 

Ohhhhhh, he bad-mouthed Andy Reid, what did he call him?

It turns out he didn't call him anything, he just said he didn't want to play for him again. Does anyone really care about this? 

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Not sure but that might be permanent next season.

Just read about it. Looks like it but you can only do it 2x per year for every player. So AZ can only bring Greg Dortch up 2x this year from the PS w/o it counting towards the 53.

Also saw there is two more active players this year than last (you have to carry 8 OL to get the 2nd additional active tho).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It turns out he didn't call him anything, he just said he didn't want to play for him again. Does anyone really care about this? 

Not enough to keep talking about it…

Looking forward to seeing how he accepts a similar role in Baltimore

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

You claimed people like to "hate" him for no reason, when that is completely false.    I dont hate LeVeon, but he has done numerous things over the years that havent helped his image.   Nothing over the top bad...but enough to understand why many dont like him.

1)  Violated league substance abuse policies twice earlier in his career and didnt take accountability for his actions.   Regardless of how you feel about the rule itself, its a league policy that every player is held to.

2)  He claimed he was a new breed of player and wanted to set the new market for versatile RBs.   I dont have a problem with it, but his ego began to outgrow his talent during his final contract year in Pittsburgh.  He acted like the Steelers were lowballing him when it was actually a good offer....especially considering he was a RB who got injured at inopportune times and had a few violations of league rules against him.    He didnt think that stuff should've mattered, but unfortunately, it does.  If not for those things, I think the Steelers would've coughed up more money.

3)   During the year he held out, he acted like he was on LeBron James level of stardom.   He spent more time showing off and promoting his terrible rap career than focusing on football.   He gained a good bit of weight during his year off.  He lost it, but his conditioning took a backseat.   After signing with the Jets, he clearly wasn't the same player.

4)   He badmouthed Reid, but didnt really clarify why....which kinda tells me he is still an immature brat who was jaded Reid didnt give him more opportunities he didnt earn.

For the record, I dont even really dislike him.   He did what he thought was best for his career, but he went about it all wrong.   I wished him well after he left and now that he is on the Ravens, its the first time I will actively root AGAINST him.  

However, regardless of anyones feelings about him, he objectively hasnt handled his career well.   He started off great (aside from league violations), but gambled on himself being a superstar wherever he went, but it hasnt worked out.

• Like 1

I’d love to know if he was ever that special to begin with or benefitted from surrounding talent. Steelers had prime Antonio Brown stretching the field during Bell’s good years and of course Ben. He was nothing special in New York or KC and it’s hard to say he physically stepped back that much with the gap year. Maybe it was the accumulation of touches or maybe he wasn’t ever the superstar his stats suggested. There’s guys that change teams and continue producing ex. Clinton Portis and then there are the dudes that are duds elsewhere ex. Mike Wallace, David Boston. 

Edited by Leoric