GDT 9/13/21 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Las Vegas Raiders

DreamKid

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I honestly do expect to lose in a close game, but would be nice to sour your thread for sure.

We regularly interact with the Browns fans of FF pre and post game when playing them. There's nothing you lot could ever do to top their stupid takes and dull wit. Also, you really have the wrong guy when it comes to potential taunting/trolling. The only goal of any club is to win the Super Bowl. I don't hate tough games or fear losses- especially early. There's a lot of value in them and they often help identify weak spots on your current squad. Which affords your FO and Coaches the opportunity to right the ship and set a better course for the rest for the season. Great example is when we got crushed by the Browns 40-25 in 2019 and then made the necessary moves to build a team that would win 12 straight afterwards and ultimately net us a 14-2 record. 

So while I hope to win every game, it won't matter all that much to me if we do lose. Also I'm a West Coast Ravens fan, grew up all over CA(LA, Santa Barbara, etc). Which means there's a lot of Raider fans in my family/friend group, and they'd definitely be my second team. The Raiders succeeding is never going to trigger me. React post game however you want.

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

P.S. I hope Lamar has a healthy game and healthy season.

Thanks 👍.

• Like 1

I expect the Raiders to try and establish the run, attack the middle of the field with Waller and Renfrow, then try to take a few shots deep with Ruggs. There's not going to be any big surprises from their offense imo. Though I'm counting on some end around or something with Ruggs for -1 yards, as Gruden giggles to himself that he's the most creative OC in the game and thanks Mayock for the dynamic weapon 🙄... Look for some screens too.

Wink doesn't need to get too exotic in this one. Just work some stunts and occasionally fire Queen, Young, or Elliot at them. Carr gets the ball out pretty quick and has decent numbers when under pressure IIRC. They'll attack Queen every chance they get, so he needs to be prepared. Sound play from all 3 levels will make it a very smooth night. 

On offense I'll bet on a big day from Mark Andrews and on defense I think Calais might have a lot of fun with their IOL. 

17 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I expect the Raiders to try and establish the run, attack the middle of the field with Waller and Renfrow, then try to take a few shots deep with Ruggs. There's not going to be any big surprises from their offense imo. Though I'm counting on some end around or something with Ruggs for -1 yards, as Gruden giggles to himself that he's the most creative OC in the game and thanks Mayock for the dynamic weapon 🙄... Look for some screens too.

Wink doesn't need to get too exotic in this one. Just work some stunts and occasionally fire Queen, Young, or Elliot at them. Carr gets the ball out pretty quick and has decent numbers when under pressure IIRC. They'll attack Queen every chance they get, so he needs to be prepared. Sound play from all 3 levels will make it a very smooth night. 

On offense I'll bet on a big day from Mark Andrews and on defense I think Calais might have a lot of fun with their IOL. 

Yeah Campbell/madibuike (might be spelling that wrong) versus our new IOL will be a big matchup. Especially if we can’t establish the run.

Id expect a lot of running back/renfrow/Waller usage like you mentioned. It’s still a mystery now Ruggs and edwards will be involved in the offense so we’ll see how that plays out. That is probably the other X factor in the raiders offense ravens defense matchup. 

Defensively really anything is an improvement from last year, but our tackling was horrific and our ability to make plays on early downs to try to get the Ravens in more 3rd and long situations will be key. The flip side is that if we can’t stop the run, Andrews will be able to take advantage of our lb crashing down so we’ll see how that goes as well.

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It’s still a mystery now Ruggs and edwards will be involved in the offense so we’ll see how that plays out. That is probably the other X factor in the raiders offense ravens defense matchup. 

Bryan Edwards was a favorite of ours in the Ravens forum during the draft. Hope he gets a nice full healthy year to showcase his skillset. 

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Defensively really anything is an improvement from last year, but our tackling was horrific and our ability to make plays on early downs to try to get the Ravens in more 3rd and long situations will be key. The flip side is that if we can’t stop the run, Andrews will be able to take advantage of our lb crashing down so we’ll see how that goes as well.

Should be a good test for your young early round Safety duo too. Lamar's ability to extend a play, the blazer in Hollywood Brown, and a Top 5 pass catching TE in Andrews isn't a bad primer for when you go up against the Chiefs with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce. Gets them more familiar with that kind of weapon combination. 

I think it's a fun easy going opener for both of our teams tbh. Little tests for each side here and there, but no grand expectations or desperation at the moment. Might end up being a boring pick for MNF, but I think they wanted to celebrate the Raiders finally having fans in their new stadium which I can understand. It will be interesting to see what the new gen Vegas crowd might look like for the Raiders going forward.

Ironically we play the Chiefs next week while you play the Steelers. So hopefully both teams escape injury free and beat up the other's divisional rival the following week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Shaun Wade is the only one I'm unsure of, but past him I think every single member of our Rookie(Drafted) class has hit the injury report in some capacity and/or missed time. Injury bug really wasn't going to let COVID steal it's shine this time around. 

Daelin and Jaylon both outplayed Odafe during the preseason, especially in the final two games, so I'm curious how the rotation will look Week 1. Early on Wink likes to throw a lot at the wall to see what sticks and test out bodies early. So making an early impression could be key for our three 25&Us there at EDGE. Though if Daelin is out, that leaves Ferg and Oweh primed. 

Hey boys chins up and let’s grind it out baby! Game day less than 48 hours away! 

Our biggest loss in my eyes will be Peters playmaking skills. Young, Jimmy, Averett and Westry have huge shoes to fill. Combined I think we will still have a good #2 outside compared to most teams 

Lets do this and revive Bells career along the way 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, Ray Reed said:

Can’t comprehend why the white top/purple pants isn’t the ONLY away uni we wear now. It’s so much better than white/white and white/black 

We're friends. Please, take this back immediately.

And just so the entire forum is clear, this is our uniform tier list  *Ahem*

1. White/Black
  2. Purple/Black
  3. Black/Black
  4. All Purple (Color rush)
  5. White/Purple

Dassit. Das da list.

• Like 1