2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

And the other is no one wants him, apparently. Which I find almost as insane as the Dolphins trade for Hill. 

Eventually someone will.  Seahawks maybe?  His options have dwindled significantly, and some teams may be waiting to see how the draft shakes out before they try trading for him.

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Eventually someone will.  Seahawks maybe?  His options have dwindled significantly, and some teams may be waiting to see how the draft shakes out before they try trading for him.

Mayfield seems like the kind of dumb move the Panthers would make 😂

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

And the other is no one wants him, apparently. Which I find almost as insane as the Dolphins trade for Hill. 

I've thought he was overrated from predraft. Dude has had two star caliber RBs and a ton of talent and looks like the weak link of the offense more often then not. 

$18 mil is a lot of money for a guy that is barely a top 20 QB, if he is actually even that. See what Fields or Lawrence could do with some semblance of competency and they should jump him too. Both are more talented. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Mayfield seems like the kind of dumb move the Panthers would make 😂

The Panthers want nothing to do with him. Or, so they say right now

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I've thought he was overrated from predraft. Dude has had two star caliber RBs and a ton of talent and looks like the weak link of the offense more often then not. 

$18 mil is a lot of money for a guy that is barely a top 20 QB, if he is actually even that. See what Fields or Lawrence could do with some semblance of competency and they should jump him too. Both are more talented. 

Mayfield is a good quarterback, skill-wise, who had one bad season (rife with injuries) derail the entire narrative about him...because he's, apparently, a complete *******. 

In a way, I feel bad for Baker because honestly...he doesn't deserve this, no matter how big of a prick he may be. It'll be interesting to see just what happens to him. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The Panthers want nothing to do with him. Or, so they say right now

Mayfield is a good quarterback, skill-wise, who had one bad season (rife with injuries) derail the entire narrative about him...because he's, apparently, a complete *******. 

In a way, I feel bad for Baker because honestly...he doesn't deserve this, no matter how big of a prick he may be. It'll be interesting to see just what happens to him. 

We will have to agree to disagree, I think he has been pretty underwhelming in 2 of his 4 seasons with a lot of talent around him. I'm just not impressed with him.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Deshaun Watson to now face ANOTHER grand jury….

it never stops.

If he gets indicted, this would be THE MOST Browns thing to ever happen.  Depending on the charge, of course.

The NFL can still come down without any criminal charges.

It would be hard to make that trade without some inside knowledge on what NFL is going to do.  

It would be a Browns thing to do if they didn’t.  I still think there is an argument to be made that this can be punished as separate incidents rather than a collective action like everyone is assuming.  

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The NFL can still come down without any criminal charges.

It would be hard to make that trade without some inside knowledge on what NFL is going to do.  

It would be a Browns thing to do if they didn’t.  I still think there is an argument to be made that this can be punished as separate incidents rather than a collective action like everyone is assuming.  

The whole structure of his contract with the 2022 base salary being at the league minimum seems to suggest they’re expecting some kind of suspension. I wonder if the fact that the Texans made him a healthy inactive all season last year will factor into whatever sanctions they put on him. It shouldn’t IMO, but you never know with the NFL. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The whole structure of his contract with the 2022 base salary being at the league minimum seems to suggest they’re expecting some kind of suspension. I wonder if the fact that the Texans made him a healthy inactive all season last year will factor into whatever sanctions they put on him. It shouldn’t IMO, but you never know with the NFL. 

The stated NFL policy for multiple offenses of this nature is perma ban.  It's not clear if they mean after they punish you and you do it again subsequently or if it is just multiple offenses.

Why I am curious if they are going to treat it as a collective or separate.

I don't see them contemplating a perma ban and still allowing this trade.   Cleveland owner would have a baby on Goodell and so would Texans.

Goodell has a lot of power, but I think that would be a bridge too far for owners.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I have no doubt the NFL told the Browns exactly if or how they intend to punish Watson. There could be any number of catastrophic outcomes otherwise. 

Looking around all the teams today to see how their rosters shake out now that most of the impact guys in FA have picked where they are going and it is very interesting what the Dolphins currently look like…everyone talks about the weapons they now have but it’s the OL that interests me especially at OT…Terron Armstead clearly starts at LT but at RT they will have Liam Eichenberg & Austin Jackson…

After giving away so many picks for Hill you would think there might be a chance to land a guy like Jackson so yes has struggled at times but he is still just 22 years old and is a natural LT in a zone scheme like we will have…would be interesting to see how they would value him.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:50 PM, Madmike90 said:

Looking around all the teams today to see how their rosters shake out now that most of the impact guys in FA have picked where they are going and it is very interesting what the Dolphins currently look like…everyone talks about the weapons they now have but it’s the OL that interests me especially at OT…Terron Armstead clearly starts at LT but at RT they will have Liam Eichenberg & Austin Jackson…

After giving away so many picks for Hill you would think there might be a chance to land a guy like Jackson so yes has struggled at times but he is still just 22 years old and is a natural LT in a zone scheme like we will have…would be interesting to see how they would value him.

Dolphins seem to think Tua can be answer with enough talent around him.  I am not sold on that.