2021 Around the League Thread

beardown3231

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is going to cost 5/100

I’d guess he comes in a little lower than Leonard (seeing as how Leonard is a 4x All-Pro and Roquan isn’t), but it’s gonna be in that range between Leonard and Mosley. 4/$80M in an extension for effectively 5/$89.7M is my guess, with probably $50M in guarantees (Leonard got $52.5M guaranteed). Something like:

Current: 1/$9.735M

Extension: 4/$80M

Total: 5/$89.735M

$22M signing bonus ($4.4M annually against cap x 5)

Base Salaries: 

2022: $1.5M (guaranteed)

2023: $11.5M (guaranteed)

2024: $15M (guaranteed)

2025: $19M

2026: $20.735M 

Cap Hits: 

2022: $5.9M 

2023: $15.9M

2024: $19.4M

2025: $23.4M

2026: $25.135M

You could also make the 2023 number a big one given our HUGE cap space next year and make his number more manageable on the back half of the deal when (hopefully) Fields is getting paid top QB money. Now that I write that it probably makes more sense to do it that way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Detroit has put together a talented Oline that should start to show this year and they added Chark as a legit weapon to go with Hockenson and St Brown.

They have 5 top 100 picks including no. 2 overall to add to mix.  If they don’t go QB in first this year I don’t see how they aren’t more talented than Bears this year unless they totally blow the draft.   

The Packers also have 5 top 100 picks plus two 4th rounders.   They can auto draft and add more talent than Bears via draft.   With a healthy Alexander their defense is way better than Bears at moment and I think underrated.  

Minn is basically running it back offensively and they still have Jefferson, Theilen and Cook.   They get no. 12 overall to add to mix.  If it is an impact secondary defender that could be problematic.

At this time Bears are worst in division. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Detroit has put together a talented Oline that should start to show this year and they added Chark as a legit weapon to go with Hockenson and St Brown.

They have 5 top 100 picks including no. 2 overall to add to mix.  If they don’t go QB in first this year I don’t see how they aren’t more talented than Bears this year unless they totally blow the draft.   

The Packers also have 5 top 100 picks plus two 4th rounders.   They can auto draft and add more talent than Bears via draft.   With a healthy Alexander their defense is way better than Bears at moment and I think underrated.  

Minn is basically running it back offensively and they still have Jefferson, Theilen and Cook.   They get no. 12 overall to add to mix.  If it is an impact secondary defender that could be problematic.

At this time Bears are worst in division. 

By the "draft pick" thought process the Lions will be contenders every year for the last 2 decades. Oh wait

Lions won 3 games last year. They're the worst team in the division. They have the worst QB, a meathead for a coach and those draft picks mean absolutely nothing until they prove it on the field. 

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

By the "draft pick" thought process the Lions will be contenders every year for the last 2 decades. Oh wait

Lions won 3 games last year. They're the worst team in the division. They have the worst QB, a meathead for a coach and those draft picks mean absolutely nothing until they prove it on the field. 

I am not talking about past.  I am talking about now.

Lions have started accumulating legit talent and have a lot of picks this year to add more.  

Now Goff isn’t scary and they can still screw rest up, but it is getting harder for them to do so.    

Cleveland still somehow did it with even more so there is that.  Some of these teams are really good at screwing up.  

But Browns did manage to showcase a complete embarrassing beat down of Bears last year.  

• Like 1