Mahomes is best QB ever and Cleveland Roster is most talented in 2021 - Fight me

dll2000

I was up almost all last night and I watched most of games on gamepass

Let me say this:

Two best teams in league at moment played each other week 1.   

Cleveland and KC.

Cleveland is most talented roster top to bottom in league.  They may implode because they have personality issues, but they are most talented.   I don't think second is super close.

And Mahomes and Tyreek Hill are two best offensive football players in game and can beat better rosters because they are so good.   

Mahomes is best football player of all time.   Or most talented anyway.  No one else can do what he does or ever has been able to.  

I understand he isn't considered best right now because of longevity, but it is like saying Hank Aaron is best home run hitter of all time or Emmitt Smith is best RB.   They aren't.  

I have never seen a better QB than Mahomes and you haven't either.  No one can make the plays he does, but him.

At least MJ went 3rd overall and number 1 was a HOFer.   9 teams passed on Mahomes. 

MT was a bust for Bears, Thomas was a bust for 49ers, Fournette was a bust for Jags (though is looking good of late), Davis is no longer with his first team, Williams is decent and Ross is a bust.

This is mostly because Mahomes was an Air Raid QB and narrative of time was Air Raid QBs all suck by definition and Goff was just looking like a bust as well to cement the point.  Kudos to Reid and KC for making that pick even with a contending team in place.

Chicago and Pace get all the grief - but in hindsight every team in league should have been competing to move up for Mahomes just like he was Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence or whoever.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

At least MJ went 3rd overall and number 1 was a HOFer.   9 teams passed on Mahomes. 

I give myself solace in passing on Mahomes for a few reasons:

1. We drafted Myles Garrett instead (The Hakeem over Jordan argument in that at least he was a HOF big man/different position)

2. Hue Jackson probably ruins Mahomes anyway

3. We were going to take Mahomes at 12, but he wasn't there, so we traded with the Texans (got another 1st that we then traded for OBJ in Jabril Peppers, and the next year's first, which then got us Denzel Ward as a Pro Bowl CB).

• Like 6

I am scared of your squad because Im not sure Tyreek can hold up a full 20 games and you guys can run the ball at will to keep Mahomes on the sideline. But a few points of order…. We didn’t have Frank Clark or Tyrann Matthieu okay. And also… Baker Mayfield was literally crying on the sidelines after this game. The dude is weak. It’s week one how do you have the capacity to cry. Mahomes is a killer out here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I give myself solace in passing on Mahomes for a few reasons:

1. We drafted Myles Garrett instead (The Hakeem over Jordan argument in that at least he was a HOF big man/different position)

2. Hue Jackson probably ruins Mahomes anyway

3. We were going to take Mahomes at 12, but he wasn't there, so we traded with the Texans (got another 1st that we then traded for OBJ in Jabril Peppers, and the next year's first, which then got us Denzel Ward as a Pro Bowl CB).

I don’t believe Cleveland had Mahomes over Trubisky and Watson.  I think that is revisionist and face saving.  Not you - but any Cleveland official who has said that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...what?

Idk call me old fashioned but I never saw any dudes crying after a week 1 game when I watched this sport growing up. no matter how hard the L was to swallow It was damn, they got us… long season ahead tho gotta keep it moving. That’s the only functional approach to this sport. I just think there’s still some weakness in Baker Mayfield he needs to kill before I really take that team seriously. Whether it was doing all of the commercials before he had accomplished anything or wasting brain energy arguing with dudes like Colin Cowherd… there’s a way to go about your business like a professional and he’s still not there yet IMO

Edited by Kirill