Urban Meyer rumors thread

.Buzz

On 9/14/2021 at 8:34 AM, Chops013 said:

Yeah, getting the feeling this experiment won’t last long. Urban looks miserable and unprepared for the pro game.

Brian Daboll in 2022?

For Trevor's sake I hope Meyer departs, but stay away from Daboll! He's ours (Da Bears)..

Daboll had a garbage reputation until he got to Buffalo. Literally bounced around from gig to gig for like 15 years, holding several OC spots and failing.

Sorry but I don’t see that guy as some “shoe in” either. 

Not sure either why people act like Urban, strictly coaching wise, would be an issue for Trevor either. One of the most successful and winning coaches at every stop he’s been + working with a bunch of different skill sets at QB  /offenses in general and being supremely successful with all but hey, he’d definitely be a detriment this go around I guess?

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Daboll had a garbage reputation until he got to Buffalo. Literally bounced around from gig to gig for like 15 years, holding several OC spots and failing.

Sorry but I don’t see that guy as some “shoe in” either. 

Not sure either why people act like Urban, strictly coaching wise, would be an issue for Trevor either. One of the most successful and winning coaches at every stop he’s been + working with a bunch of different sets of skill sets at QB  /offenses in general and being supremely successful with all but hey, he’d definitely be a detriment this go around I guess?

I mean I can't tell the future, so it is possible that Meyer could work out, but this offseason shouldn't give you guys much confidence. The whole Tebow thing and the whole feigning like Lawrence was not going to be the starter all along. He just seems like bonehead. I'm on the outside looking in, so I really don't know much about the situation. I'll defer to you and the rest of the fans who follow the team more closely. Whatever happens, I just hope Lawrence is put in a good position to succeed. He's supremely talented. 

12 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I mean I can't tell the future, so it is possible that Meyer could work out, but this offseason shouldn't give you guys much confidence. The whole Tebow thing and the whole feigning like Lawrence was not going to be the starter all along. He just seems like bonehead. I'm on the outside looking in, so I really don't know much about the situation. I'll defer to you and the rest of the fans who follow the team more closely. Whatever happens, I just hope Lawrence is put in a good position to succeed. He's supremely talented. 

I mean I’m not acting like I know what’ll happen for sure either and that post wasn’t just about your post as I see others say it too, but it really doesn’t make sense. Unless someone wants to show me evidence of Urban being a detriment at any spot in that area? I sure as hell don’t know about it.

Not going to rehash the rest, there’s plenty of threads we’ve talked about both of those topics. Neither of which left me feeling any worse about Urban.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malak1 said:

The Tebow thing didn't bother me.  I thought it was worth giving a man of that kind of character a chance at a spot on a roster we are very weak at.  I agree with you on the way Minshew was handled.  I would have named Trevor the starter and would have been giving him the majority of reps with the starters earlier.  I also think they could have gotten more for Minshew if we had waited until the season started to see if any starting QB's go down with an injury.  I don't blame Urban for that, though.  The blame for that probably goes more rightfully with the GM.  

At this point, it's hard to say whether Urban will be able to successfully make the transition from college to the NFL, but I think his upside as a coach is worth taking a shot on.  If he fizzles out, we can always go the other route and get an NFL guy next time around.

I never agreed with Urban getting the gig he is a winner and the fact I give everybody a shot I’ll ride with you until I figure out you don’t know how to drive and then that’s my last trip. Urban almost made me tell him to stop the car and let me out and we just made it up the block on a cross country road trip. The one good thing about Urban is we don’t have to wait on Urban like we did Marrone.. Marrone wasn’t leaving until someone told him to pack his boxes.. if Urban gets worked badly over these next 16 games we don’t have to wait Urban is going to tuck his tail his self to try and protect whats ever left of his winning reputation. 

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I never agreed with Urban getting the gig he is a winner and the fact I give everybody a shot I’ll ride with you until I figure out you don’t know how to drive and then that’s my last trip. Urban almost made me tell him to stop the car and let me out and we just made it up the block on a cross country road trip. The one good thing about Urban is we don’t have to wait on Urban like we did Marrone.. Marrone wasn’t leaving until someone told him to pack his boxes.. if Urban gets worked badly over these next 16 games we don’t have to wait Urban is going to tuck his tail his self to try and protect whats ever left of his winning reputation. 

Not sure I see this either. He has the golden ticket with Lawrence.

After one bad season him leaving just tarnishes his winning legacy. He’s got it done at every stop. Him failing (and never succeeding) is something we’ve never seen from Urban. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure I see this either. He has the golden ticket with Lawrence.

After one bad season him leaving just tarnishes his winning legacy. He’s got it done at every stop. Him failing (and never succeeding) is something we’ve never seen from Urban. 

Honestly the only thing that I think would actually make Urban bail would be a season ending injury to Trevor, either early this season or in the first few weeks of 2022. 

Yeah, if you subscribe to the idea that he left Florida and Ohio State in part because of the crap going on, you have to attribute that to him making moves that protect his legacy. And nothing would tarnish his legacy more than him having jumped to the pros to coach the best prospect of a generation, just to quit after a season or so and prove that even with the largest advantage afforded to any first year coach to build a program upon, he still didn't have what it took.