Urban Meyer rumors thread

.Buzz

18 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

For all the talk prior to hiring Urban about him being concerned about his “legacy”….I honestly can’t think of a more damaging thing to his legacy than him bailing midway through his one season in the NFL. The guy has to already know the perception of his leaving UF and OSU. 

Talks about what he was hearing/Petrino tweet above.

If this stuff winds up being true, it'll be a blessing in disguise for you guys. Kinda like how McDaniels backing out on the Colts saved them from seasons of ineptitude.

Got one of the best QB prospects to ever enter the league, can go get one of the top offensive minds in the league to pair with him next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If this stuff winds up being true, it'll be a blessing in disguise for you guys. Kinda like how McDaniels backing out on the Colts saved them from seasons of ineptitude.

Got one of the best QB prospects to ever enter the league, can go get one of the top offensive minds in the league to pair with him next season.

It’s a kind sentiment, but honestly if it’s all true and he’s going to find his way out, there’s no fixing it.

It would mean that Shad Khan has learned literally nothing in the 11 years he’s owned the team and continues to make the same dumb mistake over and over again. If true, we can just expect that Urban will leave and Josh McDaniels will be in here next. If the hard reset of the franchise this off-season couldn’t get us anything but exactly the same thing that we were supposed to be washing out, there’s no hope. We’ll spend Lawrence’s time here being a trash franchise with a good QB. 

People can hate Urban the person all they want, but he’s exactly the type of coach this organization needs. Said it when the rumors started for him to land here. Everything that is being talked about from that JLC article just backs it up IMO.

Obviously you prefer it not to be needed, but this organization has been a dumpster fire for how long? We’ve been consistently a bottom 5 team for over a decade sans 2017. Get that mindset the hell out of here and push everyone in that building as much as you can. That smell isn’t out of there just because you changed some faces. It’s been more of the same through the preseason and we just looked like a mess week 1. That’s on Urban too, but at least he’s showing that it won’t be accepted and people better get their **** together. I’m here for it.

• Like 2

I’m pretty sure literally winning one game will make these “UrBaN iS gOnNa Go BaCk To CoLlEgE” scoops with the source being: “trust me bro” go away. People love to pile on to a team that got the **** kicked out of them.

honestly, social media was a mistake. Wake me up after the season and let’s see where we sit. 

Edited by JiffyJag

5 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

I’m pretty sure literally winning one game will make these “UrBaN iS gOnNa Go BaCk To CoLlEgE” scoops with the source being: “trust me bro” go away. People love to pile on to a team that got the **** kicked out of them.

honestly, social media was a mistake. Wake me up after the season and let’s see where we sit. 

The whole thing is just dumb tbh. The report from JLC that started all this didn’t even contain anything about this either. That article was purely about coaches getting annoyed because Urban was being too hands on.

Now a historic college program gig opened up, and you add in that article+laying an egg game one and it was basically the exact recipe to start something like this.