Injury Tracker

Turnobili

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

TJ Watt what is the highest paid defensive player in the league for a reason. And I don't think anyone remembers that Justin Houston quiet we had eight sacks last year and any here he doesn't get hurt he's usually around that number or higher. 

Like I'm in mentioning when it comes to the office of line I want to see through the course of a whole season(which includes good teams bad teams and mediocre teams)

With the first 2 games you can not look at stats.  You have to watch him in the game.  The guys he went up against are usually going to have good games.  I can not remember the player but they said as a defensive end you only have to win a couple times to have a good game.  A OT has to be perfect.  Something like that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Has Leatherwood really been that bad? He's been beat a few times by Justin Houston and TJ Watt but Watt beats everyone and he's had a few rookie flags but I wouldn't say he's been all that bad, not like Parker when he first started. Maybe I'm just missing it 🤔

I was reading an article by Bleecher report, about 3 trade targets for the Raiders. In that article they said through his 1 and a half games or whatever Leatherwood has given up 3 sacks, has 4 penalties, and PFF has a 32 out of 100. Making him one of the worst RTs in the league. 

I feel like he hasn't been terrible, and he obviously was in a position of playing against 2 great front 7s right off the bat. And I am certainly not one that takes PFF grades as the gospel. But he certainly hasn't been good to this point. Lets hope he can show signs of improvement here in the coming weeks. 

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

With the first 2 games you can not look at stats.  You have to watch him in the game.  The guys he went up against are usually going to have good games.  I can not remember the player but they said as a defensive end you only have to win a couple times to have a good game.  A OT has to be perfect.  Something like that.

Yeah very good point. Like I've explained a couple times on this forum: sometimes it's not the what(the stats) but the how or why something happens(the film). Kind of like the henry ruggs situation where he was getting open the same in week one and week two but week one he didn't get the ball(until the end) and week two he did. 

Offensive line, it works that way more so

Edited by Jeremy408

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah very good point. Like I've explained a couple times on this forum: sometimes it's not the what(the stats) but the how or why something happens(the film). Kind of like the henry ruggs situation where he was getting open the same in week one and week two but week one he didn't get the ball(until the end) and week two he did. 

Offensive line, it works that way more so

I use to say this about Cooper all the time.  He would beat his man almost every play but by the time he was wide open Carr was locked onto the RB.  I think Cooper and Carr would be amazing together right now since Carr is showing a willingness to let plays develop.  I also think Gruden would help Cooper defeat the DB faster also.  Cooper would take to long to set up the DBs.

15 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I was reading an article by Bleecher report, about 3 trade targets for the Raiders. In that article they said through his 1 and a half games or whatever Leatherwood has given up 3 sacks, has 4 penalties, and PFF has a 32 out of 100. Making him one of the worst RTs in the league. 

I feel like he hasn't been terrible, and he obviously was in a position of playing against 2 great front 7s right off the bat. And I am certainly not one that takes PFF grades as the gospel. But he certainly hasn't been good to this point. Lets hope he can show signs of improvement here in the coming weeks. 

We knew he was going to have some growing pains because he was not a RT.  I could be mistaken but I believe he has performed better than all the other rookie RTs.  I did not want to draft Leatherwood but we have to give him more time to settle in.  Week 5-6 is where I will start to judge his rookie season from.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he's still struggling still, can I refer to him as Pleatherwood? 

Oh you can do it right now if you like.  I still do not like the draft choice.  I was just pointing out that if he ends up being a bust or a future Hall of Famer I expected him to struggle the first few games.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

We knew he was going to have some growing pains because he was not a RT.  I could be mistaken but I believe he has performed better than all the other rookie RTs.  I did not want to draft Leatherwood but we have to give him more time to settle in.  Week 5-6 is where I will start to judge his rookie season from.

I agree with you. I'm not worried about him right now. I thought it was a reach. I would have selected a handful of players over him to be sure, but that is what it is at this point. 

I don't think he's been awful, especially by rookie standards facing Baltimore at home and Pittsburgh on the road in back to back weeks. When you draft a guy and start them as rookies at OT you are accepting the fact that there are going to be some struggles and that he is going to get beat by the high end players. The priority is seeing improvement, and not letting the bad defenses and mediocre pass rushers beat him consistently. It's not time to panic at all. I was just simply sharing that tidbit I read about his play to this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I use to say this about Cooper all the time.  He would beat his man almost every play but by the time he was wide open Carr was locked onto the RB.  I think Cooper and Carr would be amazing together right now since Carr is showing a willingness to let plays develop.  I also think Gruden would help Cooper defeat the DB faster also.  Cooper would take to long to set up the DBs.

My problem with Cooper is that if you put a number one corner on him then he doesn't matter that game. That's not worth 20 million to me. Take Waller for example: there's no way you're just going to cover him with one person consistently regardless of who that person is so you have to double-team him. Me that's worth 20 million. That's why no matter which way anyone slices it, it made sense to trade him. 

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My problem with Cooper is that if you put a number one corner on him then he doesn't matter that game. That's not worth 20 million to me. Take Waller for example: there's no way you're just going to cover him with one person consistently regardless of who that person is so you have to double-team him. Me that's worth 20 million. That's why no matter which way anyone slices it, it made sense to trade him. 

I think the only player to shut Cooper down 1v1 was Gilmore who was the defensive MVP that year.  He can be shut down if you dedicate more resources but 1v1 it is not going to happen unless the QB decides there are better matchups elsewhere.  Best example of this was when he was locked up with Ramsey.  Everyone looked at the stat line and said Ramsey shut him down.  If you watched the Game you would see Cooper consistently beat him of the line and Carr almost never looks to his side of the field.  Cooper had 4 catches on 5 targets and I believe Carr threw to him once while Ramsey was in coverage.  If you look at Ramsey's stat line he had 2 tackles and nothing else.  Ramsey did not take Cooper out of the game.  Carr took Cooper out of the game.  Not saying Carr made a bad decision because we beat them pretty easily and the game plan worked.

I would not have given him $20 million either but what we got for that $20 saved was not as good as Cooper.

Edited by drfrey13

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think the only player to shut Cooper down 1v1 was Gilmore who was the defensive MVP that year.  He can be shut down if you dedicate more resources but 1v1 it is not going to happen unless the QB decides there are better matchups elsewhere.  Best example of this was when he was locked up with Ramsey.  Everyone looked at the stat line and said Ramsey shut him down.  If you watched the Game you would see Cooper consistently beat him of the line and Carr almost never looks to his side of the field.  Cooper had 4 catches on 5 targets and I believe Carr threw to him once while Ramsey was in coverage.  If you look at Ramsey's stat line he had 2 tackles and nothing else.  Ramsey did not take Cooper out of the game.  Carr took Cooper out of the game.  Not saying Carr made a bad decision because we beat them pretty easily and the game plan worked.

I would not have given him $20 million either but what we got for that $20 saved was not as good as Cooper.

Oh I've heard this argument before(and the Kahlil Mack version also) but here's the thing I think people misunderstand: I think people only look at what we got that year versus versus it actually being 20 million a year.

For example that year 20 million was essentially Tyrell Williams 11 mil and Lamarcus Joyner.8 Mil

But this year 20 million is casey heyward(2.5mil) darius philon($990,000)  kj wright(3.2 mil) and yannick Ngokwe(13 mil)

So you have to remember 20 million is annually reoccurring until the player is no longer under contract. So who we get one year instead doesn't justify overpaying a player. 

But in terms of Cooper getting shut down one V1 which year are you referring to?

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh I've heard this argument before(and the Kahlil Mack version also) but here's the thing I think people misunderstand: I think people only look at what we got that year versus versus it actually being 20 million a year.

For example that year 20 million was essentially Tyrell Williams 11 mil and Lamarcus Joyner.8 Mil

But this year 20 million is casey heyward(2.5mil) darius philon($990,000)  kj wright(3.2 mil) and yannick Ngokwe(13 mil)

So you have to remember 20 million is annually reoccurring until the player is no longer under contract. So who we get one year instead doesn't justify overpaying a player. 

But in terms of Cooper getting shut down one V1 which year are you referring to?

The Ramsey game was 2016.  2017 everything fell apart and it continued into 2018 so we can only speculate what it was but as soon as Cooper got to Dallas they turned into a playoff team.  He was their missing piece.  

I understand the year to year cap stuff but we have had horrible FA signings every year.  We could have made the money work for both.  Trent Brown, TW, Joyner, MM, Littleton, Nassib, Whitten, John Brown, Collins, Drake, Ferrell (Would not have drafted him if Mack was still here), Abram (The pick we got for Cooper so Joseph is still on the team for less than a million), Arnette (Is not contributing anything right now) and Jacobs (One key piece we would have to replace).