Justin Fields Officially Starting

WindyCity

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You guys need to get Kellen Moore

that’s who you need to fire Nagy for

hes legit and been legit under multiple HCs

if I’m taking a chance with Fields I’m going with Moore someone whose worked with Dak who’s got a very similar skill set to Fields. 

Matt Nagy needs to be fired. Yesterday alone was inexcusable for an adult 

Moore is a guy I love...only concern I have is if our OL would allow him to run that scheme but the guy is outstanding.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Not true. He said the fault begins and ends with him. I agree with him there.

Agreeing with Nagy on something makes me feel dirtier than a post-shower poop.

Well next time get out of the shower first then poop in the toilet bowl instead of the tub and you'll feel cleaner. 😉🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

You guys need to get Kellen Moore

that’s who you need to fire Nagy for

hes legit and been legit under multiple HCs

if I’m taking a chance with Fields I’m going with Moore someone whose worked with Dak who’s got a very similar skill set to Fields. 

Matt Nagy needs to be fired. Yesterday alone was inexcusable for an adult 

Ya hear this Pace.  You too Teddy and George.  When even your opponents fans are telling you to fire your HC you should listen.

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Passrush is better than its been in a hot minute. I was bellyaching about Mack and Quinn dropping into coverage too much the first game but he seems to have moved it to a KISS approach with them the last two weeks and is being rewarded. With Goldman the DL would be pretty damn stout. A fresh rotation offers a better passrush and more help to the DBs, and I think Blackson, Tonga, and Hunt are going to be playing a solid role throughout the season to help keep Hicks from breaking down. Especially if Goldman does stay off the field. 

One thing of note with Quinn is that they have him listed at 245lbs which is about 10lbs less than he played at last season and on Sunday Desai shifted them around at times so that Mack was lining up as a 3 tech DT next to Quinn forcing the OL to deal with both coming from their left side.

Blackson is also getting some push and helping to collapse the pocket so losing Goldman has hurt a bit less.

We also have Mario Edwards back who also plays that right side DT spot and he had a sack on Sunday.  Five sacks against that OL is pretty good.

The real problem seems to be in the secondary.  They keep playing EJax as a SS and then with Gipson out Bush comes in to play FS too.  Move Jax back to FS and when Gipson is out play DH-C at SS.  Bush has never been a good deep cover guy and yet that's always been EJax game so why are guys playing out of position?  I don't get it and no one ever asks that question of Desai so he has to explain his thinking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Moore is a guy I love...only concern I have is if our OL would allow him to run that scheme but the guy is outstanding.

Thankfully he came from an organization that puts a massive emphasis on OL, so theoretically he would understand the need to do the same. 

Monty would be getting some big numbers under him I bet too. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Oh hell no. Lol. 

Soul mentioned he was in sales, he is just giving the standard pitch. 

Yup.

Picture Nagy as Ellis the marketing guy in Die Hard trying cut a deal with Hans Gruber to save his own ***.  Of course you'd need to shave his head first to make it more accurate but the schtick might be much the same.  Hans bubby, let's cut a deal.

hXM1e9BjnY3i0Ow22quNhDoiiqcNpBZ5dRuPX75s

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Thankfully he came from an organization that puts a massive emphasis on OL, so theoretically he would understand the need to do the same. 

I don't so much doubt the talent on the OL as much as I do their having to play ridiculous blocking schemes they struggle to execute well.

Even under Fox Whitehair looked like a future Pro Bowler and Daniels played very well as a rookie.  He handled Aaron Donald in the Rams game we won in 2019 mano a mano.  Even Ifedi showed signs of improving as a RT last season.

Tell me one unit that's showing up even close to what's expected of them playing in this offense?

21 minutes ago, soulman said:

I don't so much doubt the talent on the OL as much as I do their having to play ridiculous blocking schemes they struggle to execute well.

Even under Fox Whitehair looked like a future Pro Bowler and Daniels played very well as a rookie.  He handled Aaron Donald in the Rams game we won in 2019 mano a mano.  Even Ifedi showed signs of improving as a RT last season.

Tell me one unit that's showing up even close to what's expected of them playing in this offense?

I'm not overly impressed with the OL so I admit I'm a bit biased. Need to make sure Jenkins is healthy, Borom is unproven (I am hopeful) Mustipher is JAG and is more of a back up level player ATM, Ifedi, Whitehair, and Daniels have potential but can't seem to connect all the dots.

Whitehair had one of the best rookie seasons blocking at C I've seen. Then all of a sudden his snaps are all over the place. At OG he has been up and down. Daniels seems to have good Jay bad Jay streaks. Sometimes he looks like he's going to be dominant and sometimes you think Coward stole his jersey and jumped in there. Ifedi is someone I hope becomes an OG, I want the bar raised higher at OT but LOVE the size/strength/athleticism he brings to OG.

If you mean on offense, not really anywhere but HB. On defense the front 7 has come together well since week one.

Special teams has been pretty good! Gotcha sucker! 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Ya hear this Pace.  You too Teddy and George.  When even your opponents fans are telling you to fire your HC you should listen.

And another thing

to be absolutely honest

you all probably need to trade Mack to get some O line help. 

Not having picks from that trade up to get Justin is going to set you back. So to break even your going to need some picks somewhere.

For the long term health of your team it might be the right move. Mack being a superstar doesn’t matter unless Justin is set up for success. Justin is the most important player on that roster. You have to protect him more than you need more sacks. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I just worry how quickly we could turn the OL around to help Fields in Moore'a scheme...the one thing that outside zone scheme has always done is protect the linemen...

With a top line Moore would be my #1 choice...without he is #3.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not overly impressed with the OL so I admit I'm a bit biased. Need to make sure Jenkins is healthy, Borom is unproven (I am hopeful) Mustipher is JAG and is more of a back up level player ATM, Ifedi, Whitehair, and Daniels have potential but can't seem to connect all the dots.

Whitehair had one of the best rookie seasons blocking at C I've seen. Then all of a sudden his snaps are all over the place. At OG he has been up and down. Daniels seems to have good Jay bad Jay streaks. Sometimes he looks like he's going to be dominant and sometimes you think Coward stole his jersey and jumped in there. Ifedi is someone I hope becomes an OG, I want the bar raised higher at OT but LOVE the size/strength/athleticism he brings to OG.

If you mean on offense, not really anywhere but HB. On defense the front 7 has come together well since week one.

Special teams has been pretty good! Gotcha sucker! 😂

Have they?  The kicking game has been good with O'Donnell and excellent with Santos but not return and coverage teams.

If you recall Whitehair's rookie season was spent under Fox.  Once Nagy came along the OL has never functioned well as a unit.

Maybe it's time to shuffle the deck again with the OL.  Move Whitehair back to OC.  Move Daniels back to LG where he played his best and Ifedi to RG where he played his best.  At least the interior of the OL may hold up better this way.  We're stuck with Peters at LT until Borom is healthy again (forget Jenkins, he's out for the count in 2021) so we work with Wilkinson and Bars at RT and give the OTs help when and where needed.

Tell me what good it does to line up five receivers and go with an empty backfield if your OL can't even stop four pass rushers?

Go with some max protect plays and let your 4.2-4.3 speedsters beat their coverage and your rookie QB who can hit on his deep ball take some shots downfield.  All it takes is one or two big plays to either score or eat up enough yardage to get you into the red zone for an easier score. So where were those shots?  Supposedly you practiced them in camp but why if you never planned to ever use them?  How dumb is that?

Fields was getting killed trying to throw 6 yard passes so it's not like Nagy was trying to protect him.  We've regressed back into the John Fox era of offensive productivity behind a HC who was sold to us as an offensive master mind straight outta KC and that we would finally see a 21st century Chicago Bears offense.  Looks more like a 1930s Bears offense to me but without Nagurski.  It's a failure and it needs to be said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

And another thing

to be absolutely honest

you all probably need to trade Mack to get some O line help. 

Not having picks from that trade up to get Justin is going to set you back. So to break even your going to need some picks somewhere.

For the long term health of your team it might be the right move. Mack being a superstar doesn’t matter unless Justin is set up for success. Justin is the most important player on that roster. You have to protect him more than you need more sacks. 

Can't trade Mack.  His contract won't permit it.  Too much dead cap 'til after the 2022 season.  But Goldman could be traded after this year.

We just drafted two rookie OTs in the 2nd and 5th rounds.  Both are on the IR right now.  But I would keep spending at least one second day pick on more rookie OTs for another year or two.  If they can't cut it at OT they can be moved inside to OG.  The bigger need is an OC.

While it was a bad break to lose both rookie OTs Pace should have been more prepared to lose Jenkins knowing about his back issues when he drafted him.  The rest of the problems come from a combination of scheme along with having players constantly shifting positions at the interior OL positions both of which have been a constant ever since Nagy became HC.

The bottom line is it's less a lack of talent than it is a lack of proper coaching.  It's not lousy talent it's bad coaching that's created a bad team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soulman said:

Can't trade Mack.  His contract won't permit it.  Too much dead cap 'til after the 2022 season.

mack would actually be pretty easy to trade. his base salary is only ~12M, which is what the trading team would be on the hook for. we would have the cap hit regardless if he were on the roster or not. so would a team throw a 1 and change to pay mack $12M for a year, then the rest of his contract? i'm sure you could probably find one team, especially if he continues to play like he did this past weekend. however, if he does keep playing like that, then why trade him?

• Like 1