Week 3 - Saints @ Patriots - Lattimore/CJGJ both full participants in practice, Erik McCoy OUT

Dome

1 minute ago, Fray32 said:

What even is this Jameis Winston statline through 3 games

Winston with one good game worth of pass yardage through three games.

I like it though, it's essentially the same type of offense we've been running past few years and Payton not letting Jameis gunsling uncontrollably.  Which is great, because Jameis has demonstrated he still hasn't gotten all the blunders out of his system.  We also get to utilize his arm strength with the occasional deep ball, as well as some mobility Brees didn't have.

I'm on vacation, so unfortunately didn't get to see but 1 highlight play on last night's halftime show.

Any road win is a good win! Any time we can force turnovers, great!

Man, can't wait for our team to be home, finally.

How awesome would it be if we could head into the bye week at 4-1. It would be better than most were expecting, and barring any injuries, we should be able to accomplish just that! The Giants are a decent team, and Washington still seems to be looking for their own identity, but we'll see.

I was at the game, what a blast! They need to take the band-aid off Winston. When they finally opened it up for him on that last drive the offense looked phenomenal.

Hes going to make mistakes, but you can’t play a scared offense all year. Also, I played Kevin Gates “Black and Gold” the entire way out of the stadium.

• Like 2

I tend to agree that they need to open it up for Winston more each week, but I'm not opposed to what they have been going for essentially easing him into his new role as our starting QB. Can't hurt to give him live situations within our system operating more as a game manager than the gunslinger he has been throughout his career. Having him "play within the system" and rely on the run game and great defense may be helpful over the long haul with him, especially in key games where we need to hang onto a lead/control the clock. Also getting guys like Michael Thomas and TreQuan Smith back from injury should allow for us to have a more lethal passing attack as the season goes on. Right now the names we have running around at WR aren't exactly inspiring a ton of confidence. 

There hasn't been a need to open Winston up anyway.  Our defense dominated weeks 1 and 3, in that scenario just play it the way we did and don't lose the game for us with turnovers and costly mistakes.

The Carolina game didn't matter, there was nothing Winston or anyone else could have done.

We'll inevitably have to sling it around in some games, and we'll see how he does.  Until then, I'm perfectly fine with playing ball control and winning with defense.  That's pretty much how our team is built anyway.  We don't need to sling it around just for the sake of slinging it around. 

12 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

There hasn't been a need to open Winston up anyway.  Our defense dominated weeks 1 and 3, in that scenario just play it the way we did and don't lose the game for us with turnovers and costly mistakes.

The Carolina game didn't matter, there was nothing Winston or anyone else could have done.

We'll inevitably have to sling it around in some games, and we'll see how he does.  Until then, I'm perfectly fine with playing ball control and winning with defense.  That's pretty much how our team is built anyway.  We don't need to sling it around just for the sake of slinging it around. 

You don’t have to “sling it around” but it’s very obvious Winston is playing scared and I think that’s an outcome of Payton. They aren’t opening the playbook up and he’s holding the ball too long in fear of throwing INTs.