TNF: JAX @ CIN

Sad People

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Jaguars

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2021 at 12:30 AM

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

You say this like we had any chance of stopping a TD there. 

Wouldn't you still rather they have had to have done it though? At least then your poor defense knows what to play more.

Not even arguing against you specifically but I'm just really over the "going for it on 4th down when close is always good" take that's infected the league

Just now, Dodo said:

Wouldn't you still rather they have had to have done it though? At least then your poor defense knows what to play more.

Not even arguing against you specifically but I'm just really over the "going for it on 4th down when close is always good" take that's infected the league

No, I’d not prefer to see us get further demoralized by a passing game that completed every single throw in the second half. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dodo said:

That’s really not what this is. 

It’s just being realistic about how useless the defense is. You’re not winning a 3pt ballgame either way, with a defense that ineffectual. This team NEEDED the extra TD lead that gamble would’ve netted them. It was the right call. 

It’s just a case where, if you absolutely cannot stop the other team...you’re not gonna win. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Watching this game, I have zero concern about Trevor Lawrence as a player. He'll be a good one.

He played remarkably well. Very impressive.

That crosser to Agnew on the money is a throw only a handful of QBs make league wide. Not to mention his athleticism. He’ll be a top 10 QB sooner rather than later.

The NFL is absolutely stacked with young QB talent right now. Too bad Andrew Luck retired. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

That crosser to Agnew on the money is a throw only a handful of QBs make league wide. Not to mention his athleticism. He’ll be a top 10 QB sooner rather than later.

The NFL is absolutely stacked with young QB talent right now. Too bad Andrew Luck retired. 

Congrats on the win brotha. Joe is a stud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Watching this game, I have zero concern about Trevor Lawrence as a player. He'll be a good one.

Urban Meyer understands the same thing. The people employing Urban Meyer understand the same thing.

Given big picture clarity there is nothing more meaningless than results. I have no idea why anyone on this site would believe Urban's stock has dropped over the past month. I guess it's desperation to bring subjectivity out of the bag.

Bad loss for the Jaguars. That was always going to be an extremely energized winless road team desperate to save its season. Scenario reminded me of last year when the 0-2 Dolphins traveled to Jacksonville on a Thursday night. The Jaguars and Minshew were 3 point favorite in that game.

Speaking of odds I don't know who is giving 7.5 points with the Cincinnati Bengals. There is a vast difference between accidentally winning by more than 7 points, and doing it when that's needed to cover the spread. Crowd teams do not cover substantial pointspreads of -4 or higher. Always ask yourself if that type of favoritism is based on the strength of the favorite, or the perceived weakness of the underdog. If it's the latter then you are looking at negative expectancy. The absolute worst bettors I knew in Las Vegas were the ones who somehow always found reason to give points with mediocre teams.

I agree that going for the touchdown was the correct call. Strategy is improving but not necessarily the play calls. Somehow the league has become averse to basic quarterback sneaks from under center. Those are so effective especially when the quarterback walks up and immediately takes the snap on contact. Last week the Raiders found multiple excuses not to sneak against the Dolphins, even though the Dolphins are much more vulnerable to that play than a straight handoff.

7 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Urban Meyer understands the same thing. The people employing Urban Meyer understand the same thing.

Given big picture clarity there is nothing more meaningless than results. I have no idea why anyone on this site would believe Urban's stock has dropped over the past month. I guess it's desperation to bring subjectivity out of the bag.

I'm not high on Urban as a NFL HC. Never have been.

Looked like a good game. That catch by Agnew was one of the best sideline snags I've seen recently. Even though the Jaguars lost, they seemed way more competitive in this game than the past three. James Robinson is a nice player. Pretty remarkable he was an UDFA. I do think the Jaguars really need to go hard on building the defense next year. Don't seem to have any big time playmakers. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Looked like a good game. That catch by Agnew was one of the best sideline snags I've seen recently. Even though the Jaguars lost, they seemed way more competitive in this game than the past three. James Robinson is a nice player. Pretty remarkable he was an UDFA. I do think the Jaguars really need to go hard on building the defense next year. Don't seem to have any big time playmakers. 

Great catch but any above average WR is expected to make that play.  It was a better throw.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Most of them aren't very good though.