Packers release Martellus Bennett

marky mark

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Did you at the time think signing Bennett would be an upgrade over Cook?   The vast majority of folks here and elsewhere thought he'd be an upgrade.  Too bad he's a quitter.

Did you at the time Ted signed him think Martellus Bennett had a reputation as a mercurial personality/malcontent/loose cannon?

If not, why not?

The vast majority of folks here and elsewhere thought Bennett had the potential to go sideways if/when adversity arose.

His play on the field pre-ARod injury was not very good. But with ARod around, Bennett played the good soldier and likely would have throughout the season.

Once ARod was injured, the less attractive, but hardly unknown, aspects of the whole Martysaurus Rex personality came to the fore. 

Why some Packer fans seem surprised by this side of Bennett is beyond me.

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Who, right now other than somebody on our PS, would you suggest we go after?  I'm not being flippant.  I really don't think there is much out there.  :/

Well we are one snap away from Joe Callahan.

if not a QB, literally anyone from the PS? Get them some playing time. What does it hurt?

Marty didn't fit with the culture of GB, but GB and its fans are partly to blame for that being the case.

Marty didn't handle the culture shock well, and GB didn't go out of their way to integrate him and his unique ways.

Marty failed to come forward in a normal way to his employer with complaints about the culture.  He didn't approach team leaders like his position coach, Aaron Rodgers (who always supported Marty) or Mike McCarthy.

Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and now Marty feels like he's in a bad football situation on top of his bad personal and professional situation.

Again, Marty handles this poorly by dredging a packers employee through the mud rather than finishing and pouting quietly.  it's possible the injury itself is legitimate, but the process is simply not.

5 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Did you at the time Ted signed him think Martellus Bennett had a reputation as a mercurial personality/malcontent/loose cannon?

If not, why not?

The vast majority of folks here and elsewhere thought Bennett had the potential to go sideways if/when adversity arose.

His play on the field pre-ARod injury was not very good. But with ARod around, Bennett played the good soldier and likely would have throughout the season.

Once ARod was injured, the less attractive, but hardly unknown, aspects of the whole Martysaurus Rex personality came to the fore. 

It's beyond everyone BUT you because you just made it completely up because that's all you do: make crap up and argue against it.

Nobody is surprised. Nobody has acted surprised. But reality has never stopped you from complaining before.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's beyond everyone BUT you because you just made it completely up because that's all you do: make crap up and argue against it.

Nobody is surprised. Nobody has acted surprised. But reality has never stopped you from complaining before.

Rekt

On 11/11/2017 at 7:45 AM, packfanfb said:

Good question. IMO TTs refusal to talk to the media during the season has always been one of his dumbest attributes. He should be addressing this situation, not MM.

I'm sorry, but what other franchise's GM is in front of the media on a regular basis?  And I'm not talking about situations where you've got the Owner/GM (Jerry Jones) or HC/GM (Bill Belichick).  This is literally the thinnest argument you could make in this situation.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:56 AM, Mazrimiv said:

I don't even understand Bennett's side of this story.  He says the GB medical staff wanted him to continue playing, but as a Packer, he opted for surgery on the advice of 3 doctors outside of the organization.  Now that he's a Patriot, he's preparing to play.  Seems to me he is validating the opinion of GB medical staff.

The fact that he was "so injured" that he needed to have shoulder surgery when he was in Green Bay, yet here he is a mere few weeks later he's playing against the Broncos.  Sorry, but a few weeks doesn't repair a torn rotator cuff.  I'm pretty sure NFL players aren't going to be that oblivious.

10 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

If not, why not?

As USUAL you continue to ignore the question at hand.  Can you just once answer someone's argument without completely deflecting and creating a question that fits your argument?  Just once.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

As USUAL you continue to ignore the question at hand.  Can you just once answer someone's argument without completely deflecting and creating a question that fits your argument?  Just once.

I still want to know why he never posted his thoughts when we signed him. 20+ pages and he never posted. 

Archived