Packers release Martellus Bennett

marky mark

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hahaha ... it sure didn't seem like a Thompson move.

I just wanted to throw that in since when all that was happening the Ted haters were saying Wolf was behind it all. Now he needs blame right?? Lol

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I just wanted to throw that in since when all that was happening the Ted haters were saying Wolf was behind it all. Now he needs blame right?? Lol

Wolf signed the guy that made the great catch against the Cowboys and made funny jokes.  TT signed the SJW, quitter!

The “but MUH GUNS AND RIGHTS!!” crowd treating Marty that way while out in public isn’t remotely surprising, sadly. Especially in that part of the state. Didn’t go red last November by accident. 

And so I’m not banned, that’s all I’ll say about that.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Course, the Ted lovers all insisted it was a genius move by Ted at the time, now he needs defending right? LOL

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Course, the Ted lovers all insisted it was a genius move by Ted at the time, now he needs defending right? LOL

What?

You fools all pretended it was Wolf.

You did. Where did I defend him? I'm poking fun at the way they didn't want to give tt credit for signing a guy. It was a disaster. It is and always was on Ted.

Also how hilarious is it you never posted in that huge entire Bennett signing thread lol. 21 pages. You never posted once.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Secondly the whole kneeling protest has absolutely nothing to do with the military and it's troops. Its about the treatment of black people in modern society. Simple as that. How people STILL confuse the kneeling issue with the military is mind boggling. Some worrying lack of education going on there.

There is zero confusion. Disrespect is disrespect regardless of your intentions. That’s like a guy going to someone’s door and taking a dump on the mat and proclaiming he has nothing against the mat, but he’s just trying to “draw attention to” his belief in XYZ cause or “start a dialogue”. That’s all well and good but the mat still has —— on it.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Bennett had every right to kneel. It's a perfectly acceptable form of peaceful protest. To lash out at him over that is completely out of order.

And people have every right to be upset about the kneeling if they wish (though they should not use racial slurs). To lash out vaguely at society in general because of a tiny handful of bad individuals is out of order.

37 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

The “but MUH GUNS AND RIGHTS!!” crowd treating Marty that way while out in public isn’t remotely surprising, sadly. Especially in that part of the state. Didn’t go red last November by accident. 

And so I’m not banned, that’s all I’ll say about that.

What an ignorant thing to say. A person can be pro-justice and also disagree with Marty.

4 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

March 12, 2017: "i just have this gut feeling bennett is going to fit in so well here. I get the impression he and Rodgers are going to get along swimmingly. Both intelligent guys." 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586606&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195

Just classic.

Yeah. Weird how part of that equation changed and then this happened eh?

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This needs to stay on Bennett the football player otherwise there's no point in keeping this open. 

More talk on Bennett's social stances or going back to mock posters on what they said when we signed him and we'll close this up.

#Norm4mod

Now I'm no cap expert, but in a weird way, shouldn't we be thanking MB?  

He gave us an out to escape the remainder of his contract (seemed like he wasn't a fit), and maybe get additional money back too.  Experiment failed - little harm, little foul.

For his part, he came to chase a ring, and that door slammed shut with 13 screws.  Now he doesn't have to blow his possible last year having to show up for Hundley in a lost year. 

Win-win.  Except for Dr. McKenzie, sadly.

Archived