Packers release Martellus Bennett

marky mark

33 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Bennett is gone because he was a baby.  Nobody is disputing that.  The only thing anybody is disputing is that anybody here deserves to act like they knew it was a bad signing. 

The Bennet brothers are malcontents and are to be avoided if at all possiible. Marty fits in well in New England. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Meant to add all the other free agents we signed.  Can't deny this offseason has been very atypical for Thompson.  I feel like if it was up to Thompson, Patrick would have been our starting right guard. 

I agree .. this was an odd offseason .. pretty much gave me the idea that Ted wasn't fully calling the shots, or decided to give more say to his underlings.

12 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Some strange incidents starting to crop up in GB.

Sitton release, Bennett deal... what's next?

You win some, you lose some, it's just how it is. The Sitton thing was handled way way way worse because we let it leak out we were going to cut him, thus not aloowing us to get a pick. 

6 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Tom Silverstein  ✔@TomSilverstein

If the #Packers don't get their money back from Bennett - and there's definitely a chance they won't -- they will have paid $7 million for eight games work. Can't imagine TT ever signing another free agent.

That latter part is just Tom's opinion .. if Ted actually believes that they should fire him.  You win some .. you lose some .. that's the way of an NFL general mananger.

3 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

You win some, you lose some, it's just how it is. The Sitton thing was handled way way way worse because we let it leak out we were going to cut him, thus not aloowing us to get a pick. 

I have similar thought with you on the Sitton subject.  I really think the Packers front office has enough strikes against them that they should be squarely on the hot seat.  We aren't seeing a top flight performance from that office these days.

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Take a quick look at when TransientTexan made that post, then do a quick Google search to see when the trade deadline was. 

I assumed that this Bennett talk came up after the tradedeadline, either way thanks for the history lesson. So a spelling lesson yesterday and a history lesson today. You seem like a very knowledgeable guy, somehow like you know it all. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That latter part is just Tom's opinion .. if Ted actually believes that they should fire him.  You win some .. you lose some .. that's the way of an NFL general mananger.

Exactly, show Ted the door this afternoon if that's his attitude because that's horse poo. Oh I failed once, so I'm never trying again.

Archived