Packers release Martellus Bennett

marky mark

27 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

yeah like I get that he wouldn't push himself through injury on a losing team and I also get why GB wanted to remove his *** from the locker room. Now both sides are bickering in order to pocket a couple million bucks

Marty throwing McKenzie under the bus was some trash though.

This entire stunt was bush IMO.   He was too hurt to play for us after AR goes down saying he wants to have surgery but goes to NE and passes his physical.  The whole thing stinks to high heaven.  This bozo quit when things went south.  I suspect Ted and Mike released him so he wouldn't pollute the locker room.  BB and company can have him.  If anything happens to Brady and they start losing that rotator cuff will start to act up again.  Market down.     

Now Bennett says it was a desire for revenge that made him play?  Because the Patriots winning is somehow getting revenge on the Packers?  Because proving the doctor right is revenge against him? 

I swear I'm done with football if the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year. 

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Now Bennett says it was a desire for revenge that made him play?  Because the Patriots winning is somehow getting revenge on the Packers?  Because proving the doctor right is revenge against him? 

I swear I'm done with football if the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year. 

Guy has lost touch with reality even more than before. If he just said I didn't wanna play without Rodgers and said he asked for a release I honestly would have accepted it, as ****ty as it is. Making up excuses, and blaming the Packers for it, he is true scum. 

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Both Bennett brothers live in their own fantasy world. 

Exactly - Michael see's pretend racists and Martellus see's pretend doctors that don't care if you are hurt. Well Marty, you will care when you have to cough up the 6 million signing bonus. Karma's a ***** my man. 

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Guy has lost touch with reality even more than before. If he just said I didn't wanna play without Rodgers and said he asked for a release I honestly would have accepted it, as ****ty as it is. Making up excuses, and blaming the Packers for it, he is true scum. 

Yeah, he's a real team player and stand up guy.

/sarcasm

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's convenient how TT should have known that Bennett was a malcontent and that he was a liability ...  It's only AFTER the fact that TT should have known it.  

I think it is completely unfair to imply that Ted Thompson did not contemplate the possibility, before he signed him to a free agent contract, that Martellus Bennett might turn into a malcontent in Green Bay just as Bennett did during his previous stops in Chicago and Dallas.

Surely no one believes that, when he inked Bennett to that big free agent deal last March, Thompson was unaware that Bennett had previously publicly referred to Bears' teammates and coaches as "Biches", spoken of his "hatred" for former Cowboy teammate Jason Witten, and viciously assaulted Bears teammate Kyle Fuller (leading to Bennett being suspended by the team) among other transgressions, do they?

I think we all knew this guy was a clown, but we were hopeful he could keep it together for a year or two before he rubbed everyone the wrong way .. nope .. it took him a half a season to pull it off this time.  It just didn't work out.  We just became the latest team in which he wore out his welcome.  The Packers are not ones to put up with a lot of shenanigans and in this case they made the right call and dumped him.  Too bad we couldn't have worked something out with Cook .. seemed like a good fit last year, and I think his game is more fitting to the Packers, because he can get down the field.  Marty B. really lacked that ability .. different skill-sets between those player. 

If we had signed Cook, Aaron wouldn't have taken so long to throw to him on that fateful play.  We'd be Super Bowl favorites at this point if we just re-signed Cook.  Assuming that the only thing that changed would be that one play.  Because that's how what ifs work.  I was about to go on this MASSIVE rant about what might have changed if we re-signed Cook instead of Bennett, getting into butterfly effect scenarios, but then I decided not to. 

Archived