Who is Batman?   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Batman?

• Christian Bale
    • George Clooney
    • Adam West
    • Val Kilmer and his batsuit with nipples
    • Michael Keaton
    • The dude from Harry Potter that actually looks like he may be pretty solid in the role
    • Matt Damon's former best friend

I didn't realize how tough the Vikings schedule is

Started with Bengals, Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns.  Lions this week, then they play the Panthers, Cowboys, Ravens, Chargers, Packers, and 49ers.  And 2 out of their last 3 games comes against the Packers (on the road) and Rams.

Packers have a lot of tough games coming up too, but at least they have Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by iknowcool

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nobody can stop talking when Lamar Jackson struggles for like half a game, but he's been amazing this year passing the ball when our team has struggled running it, and nobody can be bothered to talk about it now. It's always funny how that works.

I've watched a lot of Ravens games this year and saying amazing is some crazy hyperbole.

He's been average from a purely passing perspective, and that's being generous. 

And yes the OL and WRs are the worst the NFL has ever seen, I know - but he also has such a huge threat to run that it limits the types of defenses teams can play which is also an advantage for him throwing

24 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I've watched a lot of Ravens games this year and saying amazing is some crazy hyperbole.

He's been average from a purely passing perspective, and that's being generous. 

And yes the OL and WRs are the worst the NFL has ever seen, I know - but he also has such a huge threat to run that it limits the types of defenses teams can play which is also an advantage for him throwing

It's like clockwork....

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's like clockwork....

Well I did acknowledge that he's dealing with offensive deficiencies around him. It's fair to point out both.

Doesn't help Lamar's case when you are calling 250 yards and 1 TD and .75 INT per game amazing. Those numbers are terrible.

What makes him average is factoring in the drops and clutch throws.

When you talk strictly passing you're now comparing him to other QBs. Imagine Jimmy G having 1000 yards 4 TDs and 3 INTs and a Niners fan said he was passing the ball amazingly. Stats aren't the end all be all but still, from that perspective it's pretty telling.

18 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Well I did acknowledge that he's dealing with offensive deficiencies around him. It's fair to point out both.

Doesn't help Lamar's case when you are calling 250 yards and 1 TD and .75 INT per game amazing. Those numbers are terrible.

What makes him average is factoring in the drops and clutch throws.

When you talk strictly passing you're now comparing him to other QBs. Imagine Jimmy G having 1000 yards 4 TDs and 3 INTs and a Niners fan said he was passing the ball amazingly. Stats aren't the end all be all but still, from that perspective it's pretty telling.

ah now we've gone to the numbers because you don't know what you're talking about. Man, you are following the playbook to a T.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

ah now we've gone to the numbers because you don't know what you're talking about. Man, you are following the playbook to a T.

How's that now? Please explain how he's been amazing in the context you're trying to say he is?

As I said, numbers aren't the end all but they do provide valuable context. All you provided was an opinion and nothing to back it up.

Normally I wouldn't care but there's a trend to inflate what Jackson does as a passer. 

Just now, FrantikRam said:

How's that now? Please explain how he's been amazing in the context you're trying to say he is?

As I said, numbers aren't the end all but they do provide valuable context. All you provided was an opinion and nothing to back it up.

Normally I wouldn't care but there's a trend to inflate what Jackson does as a passer. 

Do you know what else provides context? The fact that Lamar had 3 TD passes dropped in an otherwise perfect game against Detroit, which objectively make his stats look worse.

But since you watch the Ravens, I'm sure you knew that already.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Do you know what else provides context? The fact that Lamar had 3 TD passes dropped in an otherwise perfect game against Detroit, which objectively make his stats look worse.

But since you watch the Ravens, I'm sure you knew that already.

I did indeed. He's my fantasy QB and the Rams played the first three weeks in a different time slot than the Ravens, so I have watched a lot of his snaps.

As I said before, his numbers are very much below average. Adding in those drops would certainly help him but does not take it from below average to amazing. More like from below average to league average as a passer.

He's obviously an above average football player overall though.