Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I can't think of a better/more honest way to answer that question. I was critical of MLF this game, but there's nothing at all wrong with that response. He's obviously telling the truth, and the truth was regarding the lack of pass rush (and not the coverage).

I think you're missing the point. The point is that it sounds like a BS answer and that we shouldn't believe it. Call it coachspeak, call it misdirection - it's just not believable.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-snap-counts-versus-the-bengals-week-five-141

King played 42, Yiadom 26, Black 19, Jamaal-Charles 1.  

D-Line, Slaton and Lancaster 13 each, Keke 31, Lowry 46, Clark 54.  (67 total, I think.). 

Curious how the coaches will have graded Slaton?  He's been 16 > 6 > 2 > 9 > 13 over the season.  Obviously the line was awful versus Saints, and I assume he was too.  But the line did well on Sunday; maybe he did too?  

Looks like Yiadom will be the man at corner until Jaire or King come back.  

Hamilton got 19 snaps.  That's a lot for a pickup who'd been here only 3 weeks.  

I haven't read this thread yet but I attended the game and have some comments:

The key play

On the 3rd down where the 1st marker was at the 31 yard line, in real time it definitely appeared that Cobb was falling over the player before contacting the ground, but the original spot was as if he had been down immediately on contact. 

After the review, they moved the ball substantially closer to the first down marker, maybe a foot+. On the intercom they said the play was confirmed, but they 100% moved the ball closer after review.

Adams

This guy really is incredible. He was incredible last year and he looks even better this year. He seems to quickly learn what defenses are doing to respond to him and beat them with a counter. It is so fun to watch in combination with Aaron's precision and timing. Unfortunately Adams' value is tied to exceptional QB play because of his style, which makes him likely to be more valuable to another team than us next year. I hope he gets paid big time and will continue to cheer for him.

Aaron Jones

His edge speed was really on display on that first toss to the outside. The blocking was excellent and he turned the corner without being touched. He also had the huge 50+ gainer at the end of the game. The YPC is distorted by the big play against a gassed defense that led to no points. He didn't look 10million dollars per year better than Dillon. The Bengals were definitely cued in on Adams, but our oline just was unable to create the space  he needs. I think I also saw Hill get some touches but he was largely ineffective. I like AJ I just won't get there on this price point considering our needs on defense. Pretty cool that he continued to support Mason through the times, and I am glad he got paid. Too bad Miami didn't pay him though. 

Defense

Stokes is a legit stud. Kevin King is made of glass. Savage is a stud, Amos continues to be effective with a miss here and there. The lack of push from our defensive line without Clark is frightening. Campbell looked good. Johnathon Garvin is a man, I hope we see more of him. Gary is really good, Preston Smith still has it (he traded jerseys with a Bengal afterward, I didn't see who). 

Aaron Rodgers

There were numerous opportunities early in the game where Rodgers was looking to press the ball downfield when he had players wide open in front of him that would maintain favorable down and distance. He only becomes efficient when he has to in order to win the game. If he could just decide to be efficient early,  he would probably get to do a lot more of the fun slinging he is trying to showcase. 

Mason Crosby

That was excruciating I am so glad he doesn't have to live with all those misses for a loss. I liked the Numerator joke about game winners though, I hope Mason sees that. Hilarious. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, craig said:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-snap-counts-versus-the-bengals-week-five-141

King played 42, Yiadom 26, Black 19, Jamaal-Charles 1.  

D-Line, Slaton and Lancaster 13 each, Keke 31, Lowry 46, Clark 54.  (67 total, I think.). 

Curious how the coaches will have graded Slaton?  He's been 16 > 6 > 2 > 9 > 13 over the season.  Obviously the line was awful versus Saints, and I assume he was too.  But the line did well on Sunday; maybe he did too?  

Looks like Yiadom will be the man at corner until Jaire or King come back.  

Hamilton got 19 snaps.  That's a lot for a pickup who'd been here only 3 weeks.  

I recall Slayton making at least 1 nice play this week