Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I was watching this play at a bar far away from the screen unfortunately but thought it was 100% a first down. What did I miss?

The yellow line was off by about a full yard. I still think it was a bad spot but they called him short on the field and it stood on replay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You just hope once the good defenses figure out how to slow Adams down a bit that Rodgers will be able to find mismatches elsewhere.  

I mean, we've already face 2 top 5 defenses so far this year. Adams has been noticeably dominant against good competition. I also agree that IF (big if) anyone slows down Adams I hope Rodgers will find other mismatches (which should exist if a team is able to shut down Adams).

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I mean, we've already face 2 top 5 defenses so far this year. Adams has been noticeably dominant against good competition. I also agree that IF (big if) anyone slows down Adams I hope Rodgers will find other mismatches (which should exist if a team is able to shut down Adams).

Good defenses that mostly rely on pass rush but shoddy secondary's. The 49ers & the Steelers I believe both had injuries to the secondary. The only team with a legit #1 corner was the Saints and they shut the Packers down hard. I think the best way to deal with this Packers offense is not to double Adams but have a guy like Lattimore, Alexander, ect who can limit him without sacrificing a safety in run support or the short passing game. Way easier said then done but I think a stout secondary grinds this team to a halt more so then an elite pass rush. 

The RBs are really benefitting in that short passing game by the safety having to constantly be over the top of Adams. I really wish MVS was back because I think we would be seeing some big plays from him as well. 

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Good defenses that mostly rely on pass rush but shoddy secondary's. The 49ers & the Steelers I believe both had injuries to the secondary. The only team with a legit #1 corner was the Saints and they shut the Packers down hard. I think the best way to deal with this Packers offense is not to double Adams but have a guy like Lattimore, Alexander, ect who can limit him without sacrificing a safety in run support or the short passing game. Way easier said then done but I think a stout secondary grinds this team to a halt more so then an elite pass rush. 

The RBs are really benefitting in that short passing game by the safety having to constantly be over the top of Adams. I really wish MVS was back because I think we would be seeing some big plays from him as well. 

CIN is the other top 5 defense (other than New Orleans)

30 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You just hope once the good defenses figure out how to slow Adams down a bit that Rodgers will be able to find mismatches elsewhere.  

Not having MVS has hurt. Lazard has basically been worthless as a WR in non-PA situations and Cobb isn't twitchy anymore to get a lot of separation out there. Tonyan has been a disappointment as well. Outside of PA, he's been covered like a blanket. 

Need MVS back and I'd like to see Amari maybe get a few more looks. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not having MVS has hurt. Lazard has basically been worthless as a WR in non-PA situations and Cobb isn't twitchy anymore to get a lot of separation out there. Tonyan has been a disappointment as well. Outside of PA, he's been covered like a blanket. 

"non-PA situations?"

Just now, Leader said:

"non-PA situations?"

non play-action. Lazard is a great run blocker. Because of that, he's typically very savy at getting open in play-action looks. However, outside of PA, he's simply not athletic enough to win most one-on-ones against an NFL CB.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure those are correct or if 12 is just focusing on his guys too much: Adams and Cobb. Need more plays designed to Tonyan in particular but also Lazard. 

32 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

The yellow line was a full yard behind where the actual 1st down marker was, so he was, in fact, short.

Yeah, I was flipping out when they first showed it was 4th down.  But when GB lined up for the 4th down play, it was obvious that the yellow line they were showing on 3rd down was way off.  I don't know that I can recall another time where that yellow line was so far off on a TV broadcast for such a critical play.

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

Not sure those are correct or if 12 is just focusing on his guys too much: Adams and Cobb. Need more plays designed to Tonyan in particular but also Lazard. 

Him locking in on Adams is certainly part of it, no argument there. But I don't think Lazard and Tonyan become bigger threats simply by targeting them more. Don't think they are winning enough match-ups out there right now. 

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

MVS will help open things up, but some of our guys are never going to get ideal separation.  We really could use one more wideout or tight end that has elite speed. 

Peter Bukowski -    If you take out the 70-yard floater that Darnell Savage misplayed, Joe Burrow only managed 210 yards of offense passing.

He also threw what should have been the game-ending pick in OT.

I don't know how it got spun he was somehow really good.

• Like 1