Bostic and McTyer out for the year

ARTMONK HOF

I feel awful for both of them but, we’ve wanted to see more of Jamin Davis and now we will d hopefully this means we’ll see some of Hudson on defense as well as most of us have wanted to see also.

So, if Juice can’t go on Sunday are we going to see Apke at corner? 😂 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

What a mistake not signing M Milano. 

He was never leaving Buffalo. The mistake was not signing Eric Wilson to start at WLB or re-signing KPL, not signing a younger MLB like Denzel Perryman and taking Darrick Forest over a 2nd LB in the draft bc we needed more depth to develop & we had a lot of young S’s developing on our D already.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I feel awful for both of them but, we’ve wanted to see more of Jamin Davis and now we will d hopefully this means we’ll see some of Hudson on defense as well as most of us have wanted to see also.

So, if Juice can’t go on Sunday are we going to see Apke at corner? 😂 

Or Darryl Roberts. McCain plays corner too right ? R R said Sammis Reyes will suit up -alright ! Also Saahdiq Charles will be active. 

Edited by RSkinGM

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Or Darryl Roberts. McCain plays corner too right ? 

Yeah, what they should do is put McCain in the slot & keep Fuller outside but they won’t bc that makes too much sense. Hell, they should bring up Reaves from the practice squad, put him at FS, keep Curl at SS, move McCain to slot & keep Fuller outside. 

At linebacker just start Hudson at WLB when we are in our base. Then bring up Jordan Kunaszyk from the practice squad.

I’d rather see them do that than to sign some over the hill vet who seems like he doesn’t even want to play anymore like Jamie Collins.

• Like 1

Really sucks because McTyer hurt his knee going up for the stupid Hail Mary on the last play of the game. I actually thought he played pretty decently. Too grabby when the ball was in the air, but he made more plays on the ball in 29 snaps yesterday than William Jackson has all year. 

That is, incidentally, 29 more snaps than Jimmy Moreland has been able to get with the worst team in the league so far. I thought it was rather silly to cut him as well, but at this point I think we’re making that guy into much more than he is. 

I think losing Bostic will hurt more than we expect, but it’s probably necessary for the greater good. They were going to keep putting him out there, and if the defense is going to suck anyway — which sure seems like it will be the case — they may as well let Jamin Davis work through a lot of the growing pains this season. 

They were actually running a ton of 3 safety stuff yesterday already — based on the snap counts, they had Collins, McCain, and Curl all on the field together for 79% of the snaps — and I’d very much expect that to continue. When they go to that 3-4/5-2 type look with the 3 DTs all on the field, they’re impossible to run on anyway, so going with that big nickel or big dime package really isn’t hurting them at all. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Really sucks because McTyer hurt his knee going up for the stupid Hail Mary on the last play of the game. I actually thought he played pretty decently. Too grabby when the ball was in the air, but he made more plays on the ball in 29 snaps yesterday than William Jackson has all year. 

That is, incidentally, 29 more snaps than Jimmy Moreland has been able to get with the worst team in the league so far. I thought it was rather silly to cut him as well, but at this point I think we’re making that guy into much more than he is. 

I think losing Bostic will hurt more than we expect, but it’s probably necessary for the greater good. They were going to keep putting him out there, and if the defense is going to suck anyway — which sure seems like it will be the case — they may as well let Jamin Davis work through a lot of the growing pains this season. 

They were actually running a ton of 3 safety stuff yesterday already — based on the snap counts, they had Collins, McCain, and Curl all on the field together for 79% of the snaps — and I’d very much expect that to continue. When they go to that 3-4/5-2 type look with the 3 DTs all on the field, they’re impossible to run on anyway, so going with that big nickel or big dime package really isn’t hurting them at all. 

McTyer had coverage - he just panicked with the ball in the air . Shame he got hurt . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I mean I just continue to not be able to say it better myself after I read your posts. 

I wish I could find those old pictures of E & Turtle from Entourage that we used to post when we agreed, but last few times I looked for them I couldn’t find a good one.

40 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I mean, we keep playing Collins and Bostic even though we have guys on the bench that are better. Sometimes coaches are set on who they are comfortable playing. It wasn't like he cleared waivers and no one wanted him and eventually signed. He was picked up with the #1 waiver position. He's played the slot for us a helluva lot better than his replacement(s) have this year.

We agree on Davis. Losing Bostic is gonna hurt in the short term. But I think the long term gain will outweigh it. We just gotta give him some time and not try to kill him too much when he makes mistakes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Usually I agree with a lot of the stuff you say E but McTyer was dreadful. He looked every bit the same as the guy who was all over receivers in preseason and should’ve been called for DPIs. He doesn’t have the speed or awareness to be a corner. He’s terrible in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean, we keep playing Collins and Bostic even though we have guys on the bench that are better. Sometimes coaches are set on who they are comfortable playing. It wasn't like he cleared waivers and no one wanted him and eventually signed. He was picked up with the #1 waiver position. He's played the slot for us a helluva lot better than his replacement(s) have this year.

We agree on Davis. Losing Bostic is gonna hurt in the short term. But I think the long term gain will outweigh it. We just gotta give him some time and not try to kill him too much when he makes mistakes. 

They need to simplify the linebackers assignments so Davis can succeed.  I mean frankly, if all the pundits are right, it seems like the entire defense would benefit from simplification because they are all out of sync and can't seem to be in position.  We could also simplify Del Rio's life by giving him the boot.

• Like 3