The Good, the Bad the Ugly vs. the homeless Chargers

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That’s bad. He has done some good things this year but he’s not coming back if he’s out for the rest of the year. Gillespie time?

Dislocated the same shoulder he hurt previously. Team will announce it in a couple of days. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Can we all stop an appreciate that the Oline situation is so bad people want Brandon Parker to start.

Well you were definitely right. The OL simply is terrible and we likely over achieved first few games. I could certainly see finishing around 9-8 and no playoffs. And that’s even with beating Chicago next week. 

Chiefs? They will bounce back. We could still easily be swept. 

Broncos is a split, this forum is in denial. 

Chargers, likely a split. But could be a sweep if Herbert can’t be stopped. 

Browns in Cleveland are going to blow us out. They have the best DL in the NFL and we have a Bottom OL quite easily. 

If Wentz is healthy and they are on a winning streak, that’s another road loss right there. 

Cowboys on Thanksgiving in Dallas, my gut has always circled that as a close loss. 

9-8 no playoffs or 10-7 wildcard seem most likely. The Ravens was an impressive win (although we barely won) but the Dolphins/Steelers are two of the worst teams in the NFL. People harp on the Broncos for their easy schedule, we’ve had nearly just as easy of a schedule. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well you were definitely right. The OL simply is terrible and we likely over achieved first few games. I could certainly see finishing around 9-8 and no playoffs. And that’s even with beating Chicago next week. 

Chiefs? They will bounce back. We could still easily be swept. 

Broncos is a split, this forum is in denial. 

Chargers, likely a split. But could be a sweep if Herbert can’t be stopped. 

Browns in Cleveland are going to blow us out. They have the best DL in the NFL and we have a Bottom OL quite easily. 

If Wentz is healthy and they are on a winning streak, that’s another road loss right there. 

Cowboys on Thanksgiving in Dallas, my gut has always circled that as a close loss. 

9-8 no playoffs or 10-7 wildcard seem most likely. The Ravens was an impressive win (although we barely won) but the Dolphins/Steelers are two of the worst teams in the NFL. People harp on the Broncos for their easy schedule, we’ve had nearly just as easy of a schedule. 

😂 after one loss

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

😂 after one loss

I mean, I did predict us starting 4-1 and finishing 9-8. Our first 5 games outside the Ravens were not hard at all. And our second half schedule is once again brutal. 

I started getting hyped after the Raven game. Natural fan emotion and not using my head. I am a pretty hardcore fan and get lost in the hype/emotion myself sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean, I did predict us starting 4-1 and finishing 9-8. Our first 5 games outside the Ravens were not hard at all. And our second half schedule is once again brutal. 

I started getting hyped after the Raven game. Natural fan emotion and not using my head. I am a pretty hardcore fan and get lost in the hype/emotion myself sometimes. 

It really comes down to if the OL can improve. If they can’t I don’t think we make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I feel that. I had them going 4-1 losing to the Chargers as their first loss also but I actually still think they can go 12-5. I expect them to be 6-1 before the bye. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I feel that. I had them going 4-1 losing to the Chargers as their first loss also but I actually still think they can go 12-5. I expect them to be 6-1 before the bye. 

If we win the next two, I’ll hop back on the hype train. A win vs Chicago means nada. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we win the next two, I’ll hop back on the hype train. A win vs Chicago means nada. 

Right I expect that to be a given. Another key thing that I’ll say now is to me it’s not even just that they win it’s how they win.

When I knew we were not going anywhere last year was not when we lost to the Falcons it when we came back and barely beat the Jets that’s when I knew it didn’t really matter what happened. 

I need to see them dog the Bears. if they don’t I’ll be worried about my original take LOL. But as it stands it’s everything I’ve expected so far.

Went to the game last night. 20211004-171840.jpg

Oline is mostly bad. Raiders usually run on Charger D, but Jacob's had 1 good run the whole game. 

Loved watching Renfrow, Ruggs and Waller making big plays or getting open.

Leatherwood looks like a bigtime problem. Had penalty problems at Bama and still has them.

Slow starts have to stop. Charger fans were sweating in the 3rd, but they gotta fix this.

Linebackers stink too.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dislocated the same shoulder he hurt previously. Team will announce it in a couple of days. 

This the first scoop you broken ? Lol we used to have a Raider source back in the old forum he got ran off for saying Dj Hayden was going to be the pick iirc. 

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

This the first scoop you broken ? Lol we used to have a Raider source back in the old forum he got ran off for saying Dj Hayden was going to be the pick iirc. 

Wait and see my friend, lol. I don't get a ton of information and even if I did I wouldn't care to post it here. But I know 100% for a fact that Abram's shoulder is bad.