The Good, the Bad the Ugly vs. the homeless Chargers

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

As banged up as we are that’s a serious must win game 

I meant a win against Chicago isn’t all that impressive and does not indicate we are playoff caliber in any way by beating them. It’s a game we should win, banged up or not. 

Basically saying a win over Chicago is nothing to get too excited about. If we beat Chicago and Denver, then we are back in business. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

When did he get hurt?

I'm not saying I don't believe you NYRaider, but it seems strange to me that Gruden would talk about Carrier, Mullen, Arnette, and Barber all undergoing MRI's and there being some concern about those guys being major blows, and absolutely zero mention of Abram even being hurt. 

Like I can't find any information that he was injured yesterday, he isn't listed on any injury report, and wasn't among the players mentioned by Gruden during the press conference as undergoing further testing. Just seems strange. 

Plus, is a dislocated shoulder something that would for sure keep a guy sidelined for 13 games? I feel like I have seen guys come back significantly quicker with that injury. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I'm not saying I don't believe you NYRaider, but it seems strange to me that Gruden would talk about Carrier, Mullen, Arnette, and Barber all undergoing MRI's and there being some concern about those guys being major blows, and absolutely zero mention of Abram even being hurt. 

Like I can't find any information that he was injured yesterday, he isn't listed on any injury report, and wasn't among the players mentioned by Gruden during the press conference as undergoing further testing. Just seems strange. 

Plus, is a dislocated shoulder something that would for sure keep a guy sidelined for 13 games? I feel like I have seen guys come back significantly quicker with that injury. 

I talked to my friend again, I don't' think it will be a season ender. But I'll be shocked if he plays this week, it's the same shoulder he hurt his rookie season. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Well you were definitely right. The OL simply is terrible and we likely over achieved first few games. I could certainly see finishing around 9-8 and no playoffs. And that’s even with beating Chicago next week. 

Chiefs? They will bounce back. We could still easily be swept. 

Broncos is a split, this forum is in denial. 

Chargers, likely a split. But could be a sweep if Herbert can’t be stopped. 

Browns in Cleveland are going to blow us out. They have the best DL in the NFL and we have a Bottom OL quite easily. 

If Wentz is healthy and they are on a winning streak, that’s another road loss right there. 

Cowboys on Thanksgiving in Dallas, my gut has always circled that as a close loss. 

9-8 no playoffs or 10-7 wildcard seem most likely. The Ravens was an impressive win (although we barely won) but the Dolphins/Steelers are two of the worst teams in the NFL. People harp on the Broncos for their easy schedule, we’ve had nearly just as easy of a schedule. 

This game confirmed for me the Oline is going to be to much to overcome. It will only get worse I fear. They are poorly coached and talentless. Come Nov./Dec. where Carr hasn't been his best I can see them collapsing completely around that Oline when they need the run the most. 

10 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I feel that. I had them going 4-1 losing to the Chargers as their first loss also but I actually still think they can go 12-5. I expect them to be 6-1 before the bye. 

You have them winning 3 in a row against the Bears, Broncos and Eagles Dlines? 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Kind of lost in all the Oline talk is how the carries and usage of Running backs on Monday was I don’t know discombobulated ?

Discombobulated, not discombobulated didn't matter in this game because the OL sucks, other than Kolton. The run game wasn't going to have success either way. imo

6 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Discombobulated, not discombobulated didn't matter in this game because the OL sucks, other than Kolton. The run game wasn't going to have success either way. imo

When it came to trailing the whole game thought Drake would get more run not a gimpy Jacobs running in mud 

21 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

When it came to trailing the whole game thought Drake would get more run not a gimpy Jacobs running in mud 

I lightweight couldn’t tell the difference cause josh is slow af. Looked kinda like a normal josh type of game from last year 

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This game confirmed for me the Oline is going to be to much to overcome. It will only get worse I fear. They are poorly coached and talentless. Come Nov./Dec. where Carr hasn't been his best I can see them collapsing completely around that Oline when they need the run the most. 

BP is back. This means we’ll go on a 3 game win streak and Carr will play angry.